No more Super Host Warnings

No more Super Host Warnings

I am not and have no desire to be a "Super Host".  I have all 5 star reviews and in the last year cancelled one reservation (the guest had a picture of his feet for his profile, changed it to his face at my insistence, and as soon as I accepted the reservation, changed it back to his feet).  My dashboard has a never ending warning about my account possibly being suspended (for a several months now).  I am sick of it and considering removing my listing because of it.  Is there anyway I can stop this notice?  If not, there should be an "X" to discard it like every other notice.

7 Comments
Cormac0
Level 10

@Joseph

Dear Joseph

My post about S top H osting I ncognito T raveller's should be of interest to you.

I entirely agree with your opinion that Super Host status is more of a scourge than an advantage.

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club Krakow III

The Explorer's Club Krakow VIII

Paul137
Level 2

Stuff the super host status, I had to cancel a booking , first one in 4 years and get punished by removing my super host medal. It broke my heart and I don't think I will ever get over it (:

Lise34
Level 2

I too am sick of being warned that I won't qualify for Super Host. I have had to cancel one booking in my entire time hosting, because Airbnb failed to sync calendars with VRBO in a timely way.

I could care less about S-H, and comsistently get the impression from Airbnb that they are more interested in keeping travellers happy than supporting their clients - the homeowners.

I'm a new host and I've decided fairly early on that I don't care about being a SH. I'm still hosting my first guest (4 month stay) and have 2 more guests lined up for the remainder of the year. At this rate, it's going to take me at least another 1.5~2 years until I host 10 stays. For the time being, I'm planning to accept long-term guests (min 1 month) only and take some time off from hosting in between. I had to cancel one guest recently (for a booking that was for 5 months from now) because he happened to IB right when I was about to block a few dates and adjust the minimum stay requirement. I explained the situation immediately and told him he should cancel and find somewhere else to stay, and appologized for the inconvenience. Apparently, because it was IB I should have just canceled it myself, because if the host cancels IB there is no penalty, but if the guest requests a cancellation blaming the host then we are immediately penalized. Now suddenly I'm getting threats that my listing could be suspended because "I'm not meeting Airbnb hosting standards." 

Right now it seems like Airbnb hosting standards expect hosts to bend over backward to provide better service than a hotel at 1/3 the cost of a 5 star hotel. Airbnb is not a hotel! I don't think other hotel booking sites suspend hotels for getting bad reviews???

Alicia140
Level 1

I had to cancel a guest because of "extenuating circumstances" and the Airbnb site said I could add an explanation of why I had to cancel, but I can't find the place where I write it. 

Thanks for you help.

Wish I could find a number for Airbnb direct in the US. 

Paul137
Level 2

Yes, they said that but I couldnt find where to write it either.

I did manage to find the number in Ireland. I have to say that they were very understanding and cancelled the fee that they were going to charge me. It wasnt actually my fault, it was a problem with the calender. 

I just googled for the number and found it!

Paul137
Level 2

Yes it seems unfair that hosts get fined for canceling, I suppose if they took a fee from the guest  cancelling the booking it might put them of using the Airbnb again. Its the instant book that can catch you out.

I dont think that other sites act in the same manner. The threat of suspending the listing after just one cancellation is heavy and it stays on the page for ever! As far as loosing the super host status is not a concern for me, its comical really ,it the reviews that matter .