Not allowing guests who break the rules to leave a bad review

Not allowing guests who break the rules to leave a bad review

Air bnb should block and not allow a guest who breaks the house rules and also brings additional guests more than the house accommodates without the owners knowledge until days after checking in  then the guest threatens to leave a bad review. Air bnb should not allow that guest to leave a bad review because they are only doing it for revenge they are the ones who broke the rules so why should they be able to write a review if you as s guest breaks the rules that you agreed to then your rights to review the stay should be taken away.

6 Comments
Kelly149
Level 10

agree that it is a known problem that guests who get called out for breaking rules also tend to write unhappy reviews. Not cool.

how about also guests who book a place that very clearly lists x,y, or z and then writes a bad review complaining about x,y or z?

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7

I had the same issue last year.  We own and operate 6 listings on AIRBNB ans we are Super Hosts.

The guests gave a 1 star review on the home where they stayed and the number of vews on that home decresed substantailly compared to the others.  In our case, they made a reservation for 5 and 7 showed up and of course we had an issue ....

I agree with AIRBNBs strict review policy and no compromise but somehow exceptions should be made.  I for one propose that if there an issue from the get go, it should be reported immediately to AIRBNB not after the fact and once the guests has left.  Then AIRBNB can decide to remove the review or not.

Rebecca181
Level 10

I agree that Super Hosts should have a chance to state their case to Airbnb when a retaliatory review is likely in the works. Not only do I agree, but this should actually be one of our 'benefits' as trusted business partners / professional hosts listing on Airbnb. We work extraordinarily hard to achieve high standing and excellent ratings; beginning this July, even one retaliatory, malicious review could deprive us of our Super Host status due to the bell curve being used to score an average, versus using a weighted average to compile the score. It is disheartening and demotivating for a guest so wield so much power and be supported in this by Airbnb. We are providing the quality product that guests are willing to pay for. Our voice needs to count as much, or even more, than the guest's. Not less. 

Ann10
Level 10

I agree with all of the above. It's so frustrating as a SH to talk to a Case Manager or "Mediator" who treats me as if I'm lying. Ridiculous! I wouldn't be a SH if I wasn't an honest business person. Everytime I've had to deal w them they don't even know what the "Guest Refund Policy" says or they have been told to ignore it and do whatever the guest says even if they are a criminal and ABB knows they have done what they are doing to previous hosts. These people should be banned from the site.

Jayne34
Level 4

Im getting ready for my first negative revenge review also after requesting pmt from guests that stole my air matress. Suddenly they claim after their 5 night stay (no complaints) was over that I misrepresented my house in many ways, it was poorly maintained and they planned to submit a poor review. Ive only been doing this a year but have received all 4 and 5 stars and bend over backwards to please my guests but dont think i should have to let them steal in order to avoid a negative review thats going to affect my future bookings. 

Allyson17
Level 3

I've just been through this. Prior to the review i contacted airbnb.they can see from the communication that the host wanted to violate the rules and convince me how to behave in my own home! The guest didn't get their way and wrote a review that was vaguely wrong but the stars were complete lies! Now it'll take a zillion 5 star reviews to move from a 4.8 to a 4.9 all Airbnb says is don't worry it won't affect you and your other reviews are good! No hosts no Airbnb maybe we should have some respect and recourse from there guest throwing temper tantrum s for not getting their way!