Offline navigation to the listing

0 Likes

Offline navigation to the listing

Hello,

my idea is to add in the mobile app a point to point offline GPS navigation from the nearest public transportation stops, from a landmark or from the nearest point of interest to the listing for incoming guests.

The idea is that when I'm abroad , out of my city, without internet data connections, and I need to reach the listing I booked, should be very nice to have a big help from the mobile app that could show me the best way to reach the apartment I choose to stay.

These directions should be added by host.

I'm normally send to guests some directions to reach the listing using airbnb messages but a GPS offline navigation should be much easier.

3 Comments
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10

@Dario0 Interesting idea. Most of our guests tend to use Google Maps, which already has offline navigation. Rather than integrating in to the app, they could probably just have the address of the listing, as well as those in the Guidebook open up in Google Maps more easily.

Dario0
Level 10

@Ed-and-Hugh0 I know Google Maps already has offline navigation but for me , when I'm guest, and for all my guests would be much more easy to find automatically in the app the maps from the setted landmark to the listing. Would be much more intuitively!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived