On Prices ! Criticism and consequence that makes sense !

On Prices ! Criticism and consequence that makes sense !

Hi

What if Airbnb gave the guests a warning when they are about to mark 4 or less than 4 star for the price, informing that they  will not be able to book the same accommodation again?

Why giving a warning? There are some guests that say the accommodation is good, has great location but mark 3 or 4 stars for the price.

If the guest can not gladly afford the accommodation, Airbnb in a future should offer the guest cheaper accommodations instead of suggesting that the property owner should lower its prices.

16 Comments

good idea!

Bruce43
Level 10

only seasoned Airbnb guests seem to understand the rating system.

it is turning into likes (facebook style)  soon we will have to post selfies with duck lips just saying 

Niki0
Level 6

Oh PLEASE do this! I would NEVER let to anyone who had marked me down.  One of the multitude of reasons I removed IB.

J-Renato0
Level 10

In this topic (following link)

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/listing-and-reservations/pag...

there are more justifications and motives to support the aforementioned suggestion.

Mirjana14
Level 2

In addition to this, hosts get warning to decrease prices or wil be REMOVED from listings if guests book cheaper places in the area!

My supercomfortable listing is thus compared to simple and modest ones. Statistic of the area is usefull, but AirBnbers can not force people to operate at a loss

Ange2
Level 10

@J-Renato0

I suggest Airbnb write: "Thank you for letting us know that this listing is below par and not worth 5 stars.  We will remove it from your future searches."

It kills two birds with one stone: It educates the guest - they now know that 5 stars = Pass and anything less is a Fail and that they will never see the listing again thus they will not be able to book it again.

I have had guests mark me down for the craziest of reasons and then try to book again later in the year or the following year and off the Airbnb platform no less!  Really! No way.

J-Renato0
Level 10

Great idea @Mirjana14 and @Ange2

Xuan2
Level 2

Great idea! As a new host I've already had enough with guests who wrote fabulous reviews but left a 4 star for the value rating. I really don't want them to book with me again as I have enough potential guests lining up. However, there is no way to prevent this unless I removed Instant booking.

I strongly ask airbnb to adopt this function as an option for hosts to decide!

Ann10
Level 10

I would never let anyone back who gave me less than a 5 on value. I had this one family who asked me to lower my price because the patriarch had cancer and they were coming to NYC to see a doc. I ended up cleaning the place myself which was hard work cuz I have Fibromyalgia. Anyway, they gave me a 4 for value, cleanliness and location. Not gonna help them again. I ask what was dirty and she said the bathroom. There are some stains in the bathtub that won't come off. It was that way when I got the place, but I let it be. I was pretty shocked. They knew I cleaned it myself and I tried to get ABB to give them a discount on the service fee. No luck there. No good deed goes unpunished.

Adam-and-Carol0
Level 2

Don't want guests who rated you 4 stars or below to book with you again?

Step 1: Open up a message from them

Step 2: Click 'Report' underneath their profile name

Step 3: Select 'Something Else' as the reason then click 'Next'

Step 4: Click 'Yes, Block Now' on the next screen when it asks if you want to block this user

Now they can't see you, message you, or book your place going forward. Easy Peasy

(I'm not sure if this works in the app, but those steps work when using a browser)