Pet Fee Option

Pet Fee Option

Please, please, please, add a pet fee option to the booking. There is a button to indicate someone is coming with pets, why can't that be tied to a nightly or per stay pet fee? I prefer per stay, but nightly would be fine too. I see constant updates to the app and site, please try to work this in to the next update. Every 1 out of 3 guests comes with a pet, and I have to way to recoup the cost of the extra cleaning. 

18 Comments
Alice-and-Jeff0
Level 10

You can charge a pet fee now - https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/52/how-should-i-choose-my-listing-s-price.  This means you can charge before each reservation you know people are bringing dogs or even after when they show up unexpectedly with their pooch.  Remember to note in your listing that you charge extra for pets that visit. 

If you really have THAT many dogs, you should put up a kennel, because you are certainly acting like a kennel and they get upwards of $40/night.  

Kelly168
Level 2

Agreed! This would be very useful and helpful!

Paul447
Level 1

Yes please add, as this is a common fee, and often a reason why people rent houses so they can bring their pets.

Please add an additional pet fee option(like VRBO does)...preferably with the choice of a flat pet fee and a price per pet per night.   No reason not to...then it is cut and dry for the guest.

Thanks, Halley

Perry9
Level 1

I agree there needs to be a pet fee option at the time of booking.  It doesn't make any sense to have to disclose a pet fee, then have to go to the resolution center to collect it.  It's very inconvenient.

YES, ADD A PET FEE. It's an ABSOLUTE necessity for hosts. 

Colleen91
Level 1

Add a pet fee option!!

Lynne51
Level 2

+1 for added pet fee option to bookings!!

Is Airbnb even listening to us regarding this " we need pet fee option added to bookings" situation?  I have guests come in with pets that had "accidents",which meant additional cleaning. We only charge $10/night per pet which is considerably low if you compare it with the dog boarding places. And yet when its time to collect the pet fee in the resolution center none of them bother to send payment.   I agree it's such as inconvienient having to bring it up on the resolution center. 

Deldi0
Level 2

Yes, air b n b, your listers have spoken. Please add a pet fee button. I just had a guest that did not even disclose they were bringing a pet.