Pet fee

Pet fee

Allow us to add a pet fee! It's more cleaning time when a pet stays and more risk also!

Response from Airbnb

This is a great suggestion and matches our thinking on ways to give hosts more flexibility in offering services. We are actively working on a solution to enable hosts to include individual charges for special services, such as extra cleaning for guests with pets or other features of a listing that may require more effort from the host. We will have more to share on this in the first part of 2018.

In the meantime, you do have the ability to request additional funds from your guests after their reservation is confirmed. From the reservation page, click “Send or Request Money” and indicate the amount of your pet fee. This will send the request directly to your guest so that payment can be processed through Airbnb. Be sure to include a mention of your pet fee in your listing description, as well as a follow-up message directly to the guest, so they know why you are sending the money request.

We rely on your input for improving Airbnb and take these suggestions in Host Voice very seriously, so please keep the great ideas coming.

80 Comments
Annette76
Level 10

I haven't listed my cabin yet as we are doing some updates first. The more I read through these discussions the more inclined I am to NOT list with Airbnb. We are considering whether to allow dogs at this point, but if we do I would absolutely want to charge a separate pet fee. I encounter that in every hotel I stay in when I choose to travel with a dog and am happy to pay for the convenience, the fact that it's not possible through Airbnb is bad business. 

Of course I guess the other option is to list with airbnb as not allowing pets and charge a penalty if they do. Then list on vrbo or HomeAway a listing that allows pets and allows for the fee. 

John308
Level 2

It seems pointless to make any comment / request on this 'Host Voice' , as no one from AIRBNB looks at the comments / requests. The number of hosts asking for a pet fee facility is growing exponentially, but no response from AIRBNB. If there is anyone out there (AIRBNB) please either provide the pet fee facility, or at least tell us why not. Thank you in anticipation?!?!? sorry constipation!

Chris465
Level 1

Agree 100%. It would be so simple to have a box like the "additional guests" and be able to charge per pet. It cost me about $25 in extra cleaning time for every pet rental. I really like having dogs on my property, but want to keep the unit clean at the same time.

Please make this happen AirBnb!

Raquel24
Level 10

We are a community of pet loving airbnb hosts that would like a clear way of charging a pet fee (necessary for the added cleaning and services we provide pet owners, I put out food bowls, treats and poop bags).  It should be the same as adding an extra person in the reservation system, but just for a pet).  Please help us have clear communication and booking with our hosts!

Gaydon0
Level 1

Totally agree that air b and b should make it easier to add pet fee.  Lately we have had as many as 3 dogs staying and don"t know how to add fee onto pricing. Any hints

gaydon

we want pet fee !

thank you 🙂

Terry96
Level 1

Please AirBnB, allow us to enter a pet fee and a separate fee for multiple pets!

Gaydon0
Level 1

Totally agree. Lately I have been having as many as three dogs at a go and don't know how to ask for a fee.

Deb37
Level 1

Yes, have an option for chargig a pet fee.

Lynn65
Level 2

Yes, please add a pet fee.  I say that I require a non-refundable cleaning fee for "good dogs", but I can't figure out an easy way to do that.  I've tried to send a special price, but the final rental fee amount comes back a totally different number than I would have expected;  I've asked them to leave that amount of extra cash for the cleaner; and other times, I just don't get it done.  My general charge is an extra hour of cleaning ($20).  What do others charge?

ABNB, please allow me to set my own pet fee!