Pet fee!

Pet fee!

Pet fee! Pet fee! Pet fee!

11 Comments
Shawn11
Level 2

You can mention in your listing that there is an $X fee for pets, then request that fee through the resolution center prior to booking or send a special offer with that fee included prior to booking.

Lisa723
Level 10

Yes, @Shawn11 that is exactly what I do, and it is a royal pain in the a**. Especially since Airbnb won't share that payment with my local co-host, and she is not allowed to request it. Airbnb should have a built-in option for pet fees just like extra guest and cleaning fees.

Stephanie241
Level 5

Yes.  I've asked them to implement this for years.  Nightly pet fee, care deposit, taxes.  I should be able to add these fees into my listing so that a potential guest sees them upfront and pays for them upfront if they decide to request a stay!!!

Hayden15
Level 1

Agreed!  Has Airbnb given a reason as to why they wont let us charge a pet fee at booking?  Its a pain to have to go back and ask for money after the guest has booked. Seems like a very simple updat to me. 

Lisa723
Level 10

I have not heard any reason for it.

Sylvie180
Level 2

Totaly!

I stopped allowing pets for that reason!!

I had a dog eat an entire tree and scratch the door badly. 

The tree- you can ask for compensation but it was a problem as it was $300 cost delivered and planted and the Guests didnt want to pay.

But the door?? How do you ask for compensation?? Not bad enough to replace the whole door. 

With VRBO you can charge Pet Fee- and I collect it for a 1 or 2 times/year bigger repairs for animal damages- grass/garden damages, floor scrathches, etc. 

What is SO DIFFICULT about adding the pet fee?

Yes! I would love to be able to add our pet fee in at the time of booking. I think it's totally fair to charge a pet fee to cover the extra cleaning, wear and tear, insurance and liability we have when accepting pets into our homes. I think it's a win-win for both hosts and guests. Guests get to travel with their pets for less costy typically than boarding. Currently we ask our guests to leave cash or check for the pet fee, but it seems so unprofessional to do it that way when it could easily be built into the reservation system.

Sylvie180
Level 2

Totally agree. I asked airBnb Ober a year ago for this with no response. I had some damage done (scratched floors and doors) but I'm not going to redo that immediately as refinishing of floors is approximately 2,000$ or doorr- I'm not going to replace them every time a dog scratches it, but yes eventually I will have to and those pet fees are going towards damages of that kind. 

Not sure Why AirBnb resisting Pet fee???

VRBO has that and it works perfectly.

I'm disappointed with Airbnb recently for the resistance, and negative changes. Actuall Im just doing VRBO for now because of that. Shame really.

Sylvie

Doug-and-Cathy0
Level 1

PET FEE! PET FEE! PET FEE!!!!!!!

Barbara749
Level 2

I agree with all of the above comments. Is it really that hard to add a pet fee while the guest books??