Pet fee

Pet fee

Allow us to add a pet fee! It's more cleaning time when a pet stays and more risk also!

Response from Airbnb

This is a great suggestion and matches our thinking on ways to give hosts more flexibility in offering services. We are actively working on a solution to enable hosts to include individual charges for special services, such as extra cleaning for guests with pets or other features of a listing that may require more effort from the host. We will have more to share on this in the first part of 2018.

In the meantime, you do have the ability to request additional funds from your guests after their reservation is confirmed. From the reservation page, click “Send or Request Money” and indicate the amount of your pet fee. This will send the request directly to your guest so that payment can be processed through Airbnb. Be sure to include a mention of your pet fee in your listing description, as well as a follow-up message directly to the guest, so they know why you are sending the money request.

We rely on your input for improving Airbnb and take these suggestions in Host Voice very seriously, so please keep the great ideas coming.

80 Comments
Marilyn53
Level 3

Yay. Finally

Yahoo!!  I felt discouraged when it was not addressed in the Q & A forum with Brian.  This is great news!!

Raquel24
Level 10

Pet fee option please!!!!

Raquel24
Level 10

Pet fee option please!!!!  I totally agree Shelly.  The desribed 'solution' is so cumbersome its ineffective.  

Raquel24
Level 10

I love it when guests bring pets but I need to be compensated for the extra cleaning.  And there is extra cleaning/damage.  

Jacqui71
Level 2

We are dog friendly but totally agree there should be an add pet option just like add extra people.....sooner the better too. There was a suggestion in 2016 and I thought it was going to be considered.

Connie68
Level 1

The first comment above said "You already can. It's up to each host of they allow pets or require a pet fee." This host probably does not accept pets. Yes, we can ADD a fee, but let the renter note that they are bringing a pet, and then airbnb.com automatically adds a fee....that's what pet owners want. We don't want to have to add the extra step (actually 2-3) of 1. noting a pet fee online 2. reminding the pet owner that there is a fee 3. having them state ina return email yes, i know there is a fee 4. then going in and changing the cost.....all that is ridiculous when it could be added in at the very beginning by the renter.......

Mike-and-Di0
Level 2

I see Pet fees have been in discussion since 2016 and it is still not implimented I know other sights have this option is there any time soon that we will have the option to do a pet fee ?

Mark_Kathy2
Level 2

Thanks for the suggested method.  I wish they would set up a per day fee or set fee for pets.

Raquel24
Level 10

Thank you John.  I agree, we should be contacting Airbnb directy as well.  The pet fee has been mentioned so many times by so many hosts I can't imagine how Airbnb is not aware of this pro-pet need.