Pet fees.

Justin96
Level 1
Vermont, United States

Pet fees.

We charge a cleaning fee only if there is a pet involved.  It would be amazing if guests were able to indicate their intention to bring a pet as they are setting up their reservation and to have that fee automatically added to the reservation total

9 Replies 9
Lisa424
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

This issue is really starting to frustrate me. It is a huge bonous for clients to be able to bring their pets. Pets incure minor damage and cleaning that is above and beyond a human only booking generally. It would be much easier for clients and hosts if the cost could be clear up front when the client books. Clients feel like this an after the fact cash grab. Having the cost clear at the orginal booking point would also clear up miscommunication between the client and host that is neither parties fault!!!!!

Leslie7
Level 10
Port Angeles, WA

I agree! We need to be able to add a pet fee, and NOT per night like the extra guest fee, but per reservation since you only clean once.

KatieKayMead0
Host Advisory Board Member
Lake Arrowhead, CA

VRBO does this, get with it AirBNB!

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Jeanine3
Level 1
Miami, FL

We need a pet fee.....!!!

Raquel24
Level 10
Gibsons, Canada

Pet fee asap please!!!

Diane295
Level 1
Indian Rocks Beach, FL

Agree many times over. I've often mentioned this on the phone with Airbnb, but who knows if my opinion goes beyond the person on the phone. I hate having to send people a "special offer" asking for more money. Clunky and inhospitable!

Raquel24
Level 10
Gibsons, Canada

Airbnb what is happening with the pet fee?