Pictures + TXT Information in Airbnb search results.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Pictures + TXT Information in Airbnb search results.

try.jpgPlease, understand it is a constructive suggestion!

Please, display Pictures + TXT Information in Airbnb search results.

I think Airbnb should present not only picture and titles.. but also the TXT Information about the place in the search results. It would give people more info before clicking the link to explore some listing.
It is not everyone that are only visual people... quick description is also important to attract the potential guest to explore some listing. It would give a more realistic preview of the propertes.
If only picutures and title are available in the search results it gives the impression to the potential guests that they are in a "cassino" were they have to try their luck by choosing some playing cards.

Moreover, if the Hosts are important, why not let them say a few words (by diplaying "Information about the place") in the search results ?

3 Replies 3
J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Adding more agurments to add basic text to the Airbnb search results.

In general, for the average guest (like me, I am a host but I am also a guest) pictures are mainly to see if the apartment would do or not do!

I believe that, the average guest does not go to Rio de Janeiro City, London or Paris to book and visit an apartment or house and stay all days long inside the apartment. The attraction the guests wants to see are the city and its attractions, not the apartments.

So, apart from the pictures they have to be informed about the main features of the proprerties, such as a more descriptive and precise area in the neighbourhood (location) and what is nearby (shops, subway, parks, beach and whatsoever), and other things.

Yes, interior comfort and appearance is very important to take a decision, however, it is not a only a picture that counts when a guest are looking for accommodation. 

To better the guest experience when searching for accommodation, I think that it is strongly recommended that pictures + txt basic information written by the host be displayed in the airbnb search results.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" is not true when considereng Airbnb search results.

Adding more reasons on why presenting pics + plus short description is usuful to the potential guest when browsing the Airbnb search results.

For exemple: If I would like to book some accommodation in Montmartre, Paris, I would like to see some basic written information about the listings before clicking on some picture in the Airbnb search result.
Montmarte as many neighbourhoods on earth has different areas with different features. If we search an accommodation and mark mark Montmartre in the filters, it will return listings in that district. However pictures does not tell us if the property is located near Abbesses underground station or on Boulevard de Clichy, that are different areas in the same neighbourhood with very different features, different type of shops, bars and restaurants.
One could say that you can see the location in the map that Airbnb shows on the right!
Yes you can see the approximated location, but the map is not completely useful because it does not shows the exactly location of the properties, but shows it about 2 or 3 blocks away.
So, some basic written information bellow the pictures in the search results should be presented, this way the host could describe the main things that are very close to the property, such as distance from underground stations, if there are bars, restaurants arounds, and types of shops and bars.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

A fewwords would be helpfull to scan the list for those listings worth clicking, but I doubt that most hosts would describe the neighbourhood first, if they have 5 or 10 words for that. More would be unreadable in the list.