Please allow us to charge pet fees during booking!

Please allow us to charge pet fees during booking!

My cleaners charge me extra when a dog is present during the guest's stay, so it's necessary for me to charge extra for a pet fee. Would anyone else benefit from having the initial booking process include the extra fee? It would be MUCH easier than to go to the Resolution Center after the booking takes place. If we can add a cleaning fee, it shouldn't be that difficult to add on an additional pet fee option. Please consider!

4 Comments
Patricia358
Level 1

Could you instruct guests to add in their pet as an extra guest, there is a pay item for that.

Alice-and-Jeff0
Level 10

You can use the Resolution Center before the guest books to get these funds - we some times do it as a condition  of accepting the booking.  Cleaning fees are automated and consistent for every reservation. Pet fees, with the variables of when it needs to be added and how much, are not. The key here, as the host, you are not creating the booking - the guest is,  so choosing a "pet fee" is not a part of the booking process, it's a negotiated fee after the fact. To have it be a part of the booking process, you would have to modify the reservation each and every time.  You can do this now - just send the guest a reservation change.  The difference is ultimately in the price.  Do you want to have to pay Airbnb fees on the pet funds? I'm sure your guest doesn't.  

Jane23
Level 2

Yes, I do charge a pet clean on my own site.  It is a $50. refundable fee if my cleaner says it wasn't extra cleaning.  I would really like to charge this on airbnb as well but not pay fees of course.  I will add to my info page and note when reservation booking through email if they mention or ask if they can bring dog.

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived