Please, bring back Mapsearch!

Please, bring back Mapsearch!

For my travels, I only use Map search or a district search. I and most travelers have an idea of where they want to be while vacationing or working. It is way too much trouble to randomly search through hundereds of listing to find the one near a venue or a university or worse end up miles from a destination.

This is my third spring hosting and the first one which is not fully booked in March and April with guests working at Vanderbilt University or having treatments at the medical center which is two blocks away. My location is ideal for people coming into town for events at any of the 2 universities, 1 college and 2 sports venues...all easy walking distance.

I cannot help but think that it is the loss of the map that is affecting my bookings.

An example:
Cities like Miami have an extensive district search, but I don’t recognize the majority of the neighborhoods suggested. I do know the town a bit and I know I need the convention center and I know I don’t want to stay in South Beach. MAP SEARCH!

My city, Nashville, is abut 25 miles across and has 3200 Abnb hosts. There are no district areas in the filter. The hosts need map search and the guests need map search.

Why on earth did Airbnb first change it, making it hard to find and now, disappear italtogether.
They aren’t doing guests any favors.

7 Comments
Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni

@Amy38, wenn I search in a city, a map opens, and I can continue the search via the map.

Amy38
Level 10

@Till-and-Jutta0. Which cities?  It has disappearred from me when I want to search Nashville on my pad.  Previously, it had become a tiny non-intuitive icon.

Amy38
Level 10

@Till-and-Jutta0  I just search Boston...I could choose a neighborhood and there is a map shot of an apartment’s location.  But there is no map search.  If youcan get to one, please tell me how.

I know Abnb messes around with its’ site from area to area, butI havent had map search fo a long time.

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni

@Amy38, I search for Boston, a map opens on the right, and I can continue the search in the map:

Boston.jpg

Amy38
Level 10

@Till-and-Jutta0  Wow...that is the way it used to be here,but it is long gone. First replaced by an insignificant ico and now nowhere to be found?  What gives?  Does anybody have an explaination?

Dassi0
Level 5

@Amy38  Map search works on the computer, but not on the app 

Amy38
Level 10

@Amy38. Dassi, I am using and iPad and go to the full site, not the app to search. I cant find it ttrying tosearch in Miami or in my town.  Mapsearch is gone.  It was there in an attenuated form a few weeks ago.  I will have to try my full computer, but many people just use a pad when they arent using their phones.

Am I the only person experiencing this?  I dont see how. I guess my next step is to tweet Abnb.