Please educate travellers before allowing them to rate your listing!

Roman64
Level 2
Vilnius, Lithuania

Please educate travellers before allowing them to rate your listing!

I've had listing in the centre of Vilnius, of the most prestige streets in this capital! Flat itself has a deluxe level restoration, that means pretty much every corner in this flat was finished up to perfections: radiators, sinks, towel holders and so on. Flat was in Victorian style, some furnite was in antique style, carved wood tables,   cupboards, chairs. Because I had pretty low booking rate, I've decreased my price to 13eur/day for the small room, and 20eur for a room with a double bed. This is so insanely cheap for such flat that it's almost free. Even hostel with 14 bed dorm in here costs 25eur/day. Needless to say my listing is based on self check-in, and it's clearly stated in the listing (there's an option with a checkbox and instructions), I've also been sending pretty long instructions where first paragraphs were dedicated about how to get in to the flat (back then airbnb didn't provide that "key" icon in a chat section, where you could add photos how to enter the flat). And despite all of this some people found a way to write absolute crap about my listing and here examples:

* Couple of people rated that photos of my listing doesn't represent reality. Photos been done by Airbnb photographer, and I've been loosing ratings because of their photographers - great. I think such reviews should be banned from here.

* There were reports that instructions where "too unclear", although I've used terms the one Airbnb been using itself, for example "a keybox", or "keycode". They couldn't understand that the key located inside the box, which has a code in it. I mean seriously - find a way to educate people in BOLD letters that it's a "SELF CHECK IN LISTING", and force to agree that they need to get into the flat MANUALLY before allowing them to book such listing. I've got rating of communication 1 - because I haven't been home and no one met that poor guest. SERIOUSLY???? SO WHY THE HELL YOU'RE BOOKING SELF-CHECK-IN LISTING THEN???

* I've had complaints about cleanless specifically in the bathroom, because other guest left some dust on the floor from their shoes, or someone didn't clean shower after themselves. I mean for crap sake, if it's a flat where there's more than one guest, why host should suffer because of other guest cleanless? Let them rate each other maybe? I mean really... I can't clean every 5min after each of the guest! This is so annoying, one guest spilled coffee to the toilet, didn't flush the water, guess what other guest thought it was? I've got cleanless rating "1" for this.. and what can I do? I need to go each time to the bathroom after each guest and monitor them 24/7? I won't even speak that no one reads description of listing, they wrote that my listing accuracy is poor because I haven't warned them about noise on the street during weekends, and I've actually did! They didn't read listing description and still wrote this rubbish in their reviews! How can such reviews doesn't have moderation???

I've actually had enough of this stupidity, I've moved out from that place, and I don't want to do Airbnb anymore, because all I have are idiots who doesn't read listing description, house rules, and what are they even book. I don't even speak about those who barelly can read in English! 

DO NOT ALLOW SUCH PEOPLE TO RATE PLEASE! Add some levels for the travellers, find a way to give them level ups for certain achievements, amount of listings they booked, then use those levels to have less impact on ratings from travellers with lower level. Or at least moderate their reviews, ask us, the hosts, certain questions before allowing to post such reviews and ratings!

AIRBNB YOU HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO EDUCATE YOUR TRAVELERS! Or at least don't allow them to rate after certain amount of booking and full verification of their profile.

2 Replies 2
Ann10
Level 10
New York, NY

I think you should have a cleaning person come after each guest. Yes, the travelers should be eduacted, should have to read the listing, and sign that they have read each paragraph.

Christopher363
Level 2
Calama, Chile

Clearly there is a  need of double check for those bad reviews, as well as this community works we can do something for those bad reviews.