Please implement a calendar sync between listings within airbnb!!!

Please implement a calendar sync between listings within airbnb!!!

Intro

I searched existing entries in the forums and I found one similar post/question, but the one reply someone made in that post was unhelpful (it was another host who said, paraphrasing, "too much work involved to create this feature, continue to do it manually.")

Problem

I have six listings for my home, a variety of rental options all within the same house. Syncing calendars manually between listings within the same property is a time-consuming experience suffering from bad UX design. 

Proposed solution

I would really, really like to see a feature implemented that would allow hosts to sync listings associated with the same property so that, for instance, when someone books my house, my bedroom listings automatically set to unavailable for those dates, and vice versa.

Attainability

Airbnb now "syncs" rental activity across all listings in the summary of  upcoming reservations provided on the dashboard. This functionality is clearly within reach. (source: former IT professional)

Impacts of failure to act

The lack of such a feature causes hosts with multiple listings for one property to be unable to use instant book, and costs significant potential business/income to both the host and Airbnb. It also causes hosts to decline way more requests than is desirable.

11 Comments
Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10

Agree.  This is a great idea, and I know a lot of people would appreciate this feature.

I am troubled by the same thing. It's a pain to remember to add to the other listing & have had to decline many requests because I forgot.

Rosaleen3
Level 4

This topic comes up again and again. 

Ive raised it a number of times and  the thread  has been archived ! 

Its immensely inconvenient not having this facility. It makes it impossible to use IB on more than one of the listings at a time. 

AIRBNB seem oblivious or uninterested . 

Perhaps if this thread gets enough likes it will come to their attention and get actioned.

Louise0
Level 10

I've asked for this so many times I've lost count.  

It's so stressful managing 7 listings on Airbnb, all of which are different configurations of the same physical space and all of which interact with the others.   Airbnb encourages us to use IB, which I do, but the need to immediately drop everything and start fiddling with my multi-calendar as soon as a booking comes is annoying, particularly when it's 2am.

I'm pretty sure there's a way of achieving this myself using multiple iCal calendars which sync together and then import back to Airbnb but I've yet to make it work correctly.

Rosaleen3
Level 4

Louise

I cant see why AIRBNB cant implement it.

I would love to have my three listings in IB, I know it would increase listings, but chances of double booking and canceling are too high .

I have one such cancellation on my record , from when I was a newbie, and didnt fully understand IB . Although I cancelled it within 15 minutes, its still sits in my Stats like a giant ink blot !

Baris-Can0
Level 2

I know many people who is complaining for the same issue and at the end of the story I started to use an app after watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_dZbe-QAgo

Your Porter App (http://yourporter.com) is an useful tool for hosts with multiple listings. You can sync calendars, automate Airbnb messages and mcuh more. 

I hope it helps for those who had this issue.

Best,

Baris

Rosaleen3
Level 4

Thank you Baris .

I will have a look at this 

Emily210
Level 3

Totally agree - they should do this.  They allow you to easily sync with iCal and other services, yet not their own.  Come on Airbnb, that is just silly.  We want to have our bookings with and through you, but you put the onus on us manually sync all of our listings.  Why do that to your hosts who bring in money for you?  If you have the feature/function for other services, what is limiting you from offer it for us across listings?

Rosaleen3
Level 4

Very well put Emily !

Rick14
Level 2

When is Airbnb going to roll out this badly needed change to all hosts?

Rosaleen told me she received a notification from Airbnb and has been able to edit her listings using an option under "Availability" called "Linked Airbnb Listings".   I have not seen this, so maybe Airbnb is testing it out with some host before rolling it out to all hosts.