Please increase to allow for more than 16 guests

Reese7
Level 2
Erie, CO

Please increase to allow for more than 16 guests

Hello,

My property accomidates 28 people comfortably. Can Airbnb tech team please increase the limit from the current 16 people to 28 people? This would increase revenue for Airbnb and Property Owners.  I have seen this request on the community from many folks.

The issue: Revenue lost from guests booking only up to airbnb restriction of 16 people when the property can actually accomidate more guests. Furthermore, there are a lot of issues with collecting payment for the appropriate amount of guests.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Reese

3 Replies 3
Stephanie202
Level 2
Chipping Campden, GB

I’ve asked this question on the global q&a. Please vote for my question as it may actually get picked and answered!  It’s only got 25 votes so far. Link is. https://pigeonhole.at/AIRBNB/q/103824  

My question is 

Can you please increase the maximum number of guests. It is unhelpful to guests that the maximum number they can search for is 16 and for hosts when calculating any additional guest charges    Stephanie Ayres 

Ariane7
Level 6
Paris, FR

I totally agree, when someone books my villa and they can only indicate 16 people yet the villa can sleep upto 31 then the pricing is incorrect and I have to exlain that afterwards and they don't always take it that well. The other problem is that some people do not put the right number of guests in and think that they will be getting the whole villa anyway and are surprised to see that the rooms they have not paid for are left locked...

Gabriel25
Level 2
Key Biscayne, FL

Simple solution, won't affect smaller properties, competitors do it. Why is AirBnB not allowing it?