Please stop early AM notifications

Please stop early AM notifications

I was awakened at 4:30 AM PST with the ping we know and love. Unfortunately, it was not a booking. You chose this hour to tell me that November demand is great and I should unblock some dates to get more bookings. We usually get this notification 

via  email. While I appreciate your wanting me to have more bookings, waking me up at 4:30 in the morning is not the way to do it. If this is a new idea, please please stop it now. 

6 Comments
Gordon0
Level 10

4:30 AM PST is 12.30 PM in London. You could always change your settings. 

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10

Actually, changing settings doesn't change this mid-night wake up feature of Airbnb.  

Mary282
Level 3

I have a Do Not Disturb (DND) button on my phone.  It goes from 11:30pm to 7a.m.

Do you have something like that on your phone? 

Thank you all for your comments. Let me kindly clarify that I shouldn't have to change my settings or put my phone on do not disturb. My point is that it is entirely inappropriate for Airbnb to send out a text message notification at 4:30 

in the morning about this matter which is not urgent. I am happy to be awakened by a prospective guest but this just really irritated me. 

The same thing has also happened to me. NOT IMPRESSED!
I would like to also add that we shouldn't have to put our phones on "Do Not Disturb" to avoid this annoyance. I actually can't do this as I have family that may need to contact me in the event of an emergency, so it is definitely not an option.

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10

I agree that Hosts should not be required to change any settings.  Airbnb has the capability to not contact any Hosts, located within their local time zone, in the middle of the night.  Besides, my job requires me to leave both my personal and employer phones nearby and turned on 24 hours a day.  I do recommend that tweaking settings can reduce the frequency of interruptions.