Preferred minimum stay for bookings

Preferred minimum stay for bookings

Today when you set a minimum number of days for a booking, it is set in stone and even if you have a smaller gap between two bookings, those dates will not become available for guests to book because of the minimum stay restriction. For example, if I set 3 day minimum and I have a two day gap between bookings, those days are un-bookable now.

For some, this might be what they want since it might not be feasible to do a smaller booking but a lot of us prefer to take longer bookings but will still take smaller bookings to fill in the gaps. This would help maximize the revenue potential for hosts and make more listings available to the guests. Win Win for both!

6 Comments
Zbyněk0
Level 1

I find the idea to fill in smaller gaps in calendar very practical. Filling the smaller gaps can be also linked to a number of days before the booking date. Example: to book  a 2 night stay is possible only 14 days before the arrival day.

Sandra210
Level 3

I have my lead in time set to a minimum time of 24 hours notice, I recently missed a 4 day stay due to the applicant needing to stay the same day.  I left a message for him after the initial 3 hours that he had messaged me as on this occasion I could have accepted him but it was too late.  I feel there should be a telephone alert from Air bnb on this sort of situation so that at least it could be discussed, I was quite annoyed that I had missed the booking as the appartment was ready and I was able to accept him.  When I eventually got a response from the guest he said that he was unfamiliar with the site and was worried in case he couldnt get booked with me so booked elsewhere, a short alert and request verbally from airbnb would have on this occasion proved successful for the guest and me too.

Alina9
Level 9

I would like to be able to override rules that I have previously set up. For example, we have set a requirement that if you want to stay on a Friday or Saturday that there is a 2-day minimum. But I've had situations where I had guests leave on a Saturday morning and the next booking was for Sunday, so Saturday night was available (and we could have probably booked it) but even though I set the day as available in our calendar, it wasn't available on the website. I even set up a 1-night minimum requirement for that day but it still didn't help. 

If we set up rules, we should have an option of overriding them. Thanks!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Having a similar issue. I normally have a 3 night minimum for weekends, but for weekends coming up if I'm not booked, I'm good with a 2 night minimum.  I've added a 2 night minimum for those specific dates, but it doesn't seem to be overriding the 3 night for Friday & Saturday nights.

is this implemented?