Pricing dependent on number of bedrooms needed

Pricing dependent on number of bedrooms needed

My house can host up to 7 persons. Three bedrooms with double beds and one with a single bed. A group of four using only two bedrooms costs me less effort to prepare my house and clean it afterword’s than when these four all want their own room. I would like to take these wishes into account when calculating the price of renting my house.

Without this option I need to charge all groups as if they are going to use all rooms. This obviously increases the price and makes my home less attractive for couples who only need one bedroom.

Ideally the customer can select (based on a description and picture) the (bed)rooms they would like to use, and the rental and cleaning price will be adjusted to reflect these choices.

3 Comments
Cormac0
Level 10

@Geert

Does the price per head not cover this?

I have a two-bedroom apartment and I have recently changed my pricing structure to two, for the initial price and any person after gets charged.

originally

4 people zl 200 additional person after 4, zl60

now

2 people zl 99 additional person after 2, zl45 

but make sure you have locks on your bedroom doors and the heat is turned down low in the vacant rooms.

Another thing to look at, is the weekly and monthly discount as you will un-doughtily have requests for longer stay, and if you have only two people staying these discounts can have a significant impact.

Since I've done this my Guest have being nice people in the main but obviously on a very tight budget, for example my latest guests, very first question was how does the washing machine work and there only staying for three days!

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer's Club krakow III

Paul4
Level 10

This is not that uncommon a problem.

You might consider multiple listings. I believe this is allowed.

For instance;

a 2 bedroom

a 3 bedroom

a 4 bedroom

a 1 bedroom single

a 1 bedroom double

Or somthing like this. And in each description mention the layout and the other listings and options available.

You have to be sure that you block dates for the other rooms when a room or group of rooms is taken unless you allow multiple groups at the same time.

Alex749
Level 1

Pricing by the person requres the host to police the guests because many guests try to sneak in extra guests. We have learned from other hosts that one way to guard against people trying to game AirBnB's pricing system this way is to lock up bedrooms that aren't needed, and leave unlocked the rooms that the guest needs for the people for whom they actually have reserved the space.

It would be much better if, as the original poster suggests, guests could choose the bedroom(s) they want. It's a much more realistic way to rent a space with multiple bedrooms than by the number of guests.