Profile Pictures!!

David763
Level 1
Valencia, ES

Profile Pictures!!

Please make guests have a profile picture of their face.

Really frustrating when waiting for guests and you do not know what they look like.  At times I have been at my front door looking for a bowl of fruit, a horse, a dog and somones back!!

5 Replies 5
Karen1
Level 10
St Johns, FL

Agree, and I also think Airbnb should insist on face photos for host profiles. Their lack of enforcement on this has something to do with preventing discrimmination. But, security should be their primary focus and concern!

Brent23
Level 3
Saint Petersburg, FL

I fully agree. I had incoming guests last week, expected it to be a couple in their 50s or 60s (per their profile pic) and 4 college kids showed up and trashed my place. This has happened several times (not trashed, just different peeps that pic depicts) and it can be awkward, especially if it's dark outside. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

You may insist on this though ABB appears to not care. My house rules say that a profile must be complete (photo, narrative & Govt ID verified) so when a flower pot IBs my house (happened this week), I just message and remind them that they'll need to upload a proper picture. Also, my rules say that they will be sending me a copy of their ID, along with their rental contract and that I may verify all guest IDs at arrival. Bc regardless of what photo they upload that is not at all an indication of who they really are.

Hosts, you can ask for more verification than ABB gives you. The info they pass along is an introduction, nothing more

Sean119
Level 10
Blue Hill, ME

I had inquiries from a cat, sunrise, and a waterfall....

Kristi39
Level 1
Meridian, ID

Hi all!

Yes!!  I've had pictures of motorcycles, and ones that are decades old, and pictures that are far away and fuzzy!

Airbnb requires a drivers license scan to make a profile, why can't they use it for the profile pic?!

Kristi