Profileguest photo

Deborah1
Level 10
Beaufort, SC

Profileguest photo

I have recently gotten 3 bookings through instant book with no photo at all. (I had previously gotten photos of cats, people's backs, etc, but not of nothing at all.) How is this allowed? I thought this was required? Surely software can pick up that there is no profile photo! Come on, airbnb! 

3 Replies 3
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I have been wondering the same thing. When this happens to me I tell the guest I need a profile photo.  I also require the guest to submit their government-issued photo ID as part of my IB requirements. It is also in my listing that I only rent to people with complete profiles, including profile photo. If the guest will not provide a photo, I would call Airbnb to have them cancel the instant book. Too risky.

Marcy1
Level 10
Eugene, OR

GUESTS WITH NO PROFILE DESCRIPTION or PICTURE should not be able to book. Simple. Easily implemented by programming. i.e. asterisk'd boxes that don't allow progress to booking if not completed. 

If hosts didn't have pictures or descriptions, we wouldn't get bookings. 

It sounds like, from the last live Host Q&A segment, that some sort of Super Guest status is coming hopefully along with superguest status, average requirements for filling out information will be included. Airbnb was not made successful by anonymous, generic hotels and motels, but of people across the world opening their _homes_. 

Michele4
Level 9
Munich, Germany

Exactly, people who are not willing to reveal their identity shouldn't be able to book my place. Why isn't that a requirement in the first place? I want to recognize people when they arrive at my place.