Profit and Loss Spreadsheet

Thomas746
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

Profit and Loss Spreadsheet

I've just begun hosting but have been involved with rental properties for many years here in the US.   One of the first things I wanted to understand was the daily rate I would have to net in order to reach a profit.   I looked at the site and around the community but I don't see a spreadsheet - especially one you can personalize.   So I put together a spreadsheet that you can personalize if you like, as I did.  For instance, in Los Angeles, there is a Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) of 14% in the city (incorporated) and 12% in unincorporated areas outside the city.  The Nut I refer to is a complete breakdown of that unit's mortgage, taxes, gardener, rent stabilization fee, gas, electric, water and sewer and a contingency.

Have a look, use it, let me know how you think it can be better. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfrxzdx6cg4olh6/AirbnbProfit%26Loss.xlsx?dl=0

Enjoy

Thomas 

3 Replies 3
Thomas746
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

New to the Community.  I think this post should be in a different section of the board.  Hosts in this section are way ahead of me, but I do think others, starting out, could use this spreadsheet - but I don't know how to move the post to another section.  If anyone can tell me how to do this, it would be appreciated.   

Thomas

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

Cut and paste in hosting.

Thomas746
Level 4
Los Angeles, CA

Amy,

Thank you.  Just did it.  Learning the different areas of the Blog.  Appreciated.

Regards,

Thomas