Proper Calendar Technology (and money tracking system)

Clark2
Level 1
Portland, ME

Proper Calendar Technology (and money tracking system)

Ok, it's long over due to have a real calendar.  I have been providing this feedback for many years.

For example if I get a renter for next monday and tuesday night and I block out my calendar on airbnb for monday and tuesday those two days are completely shaded off.  What should happen is the second half of monday should be shadded, all of tuesday and the first half of wednesday since those are really the times when the place isn't available.   Thus if I quickly glance at the calendar I can see when people arrive and leave and can answer questions correctly for inquiring guests.

Not as important, however if airbnb wants to play a big role and be a real player....make themselves more sticky in our businesses, they should enable us to enter in rental amounts for days we block off that we have personally rented.  Having a real system with a real calendar that tracks what is truly used or open, along with tracking the money being recieved would be customers will always see the most accurate availabilty and hosts will make fewer mistakes, want to use the airbnb calender and thier calendar of record and do thier book keeping within airbnb instead of needing to track things outside the system.

3 Replies 3

I absolutely second this! Additionally, I was hoping to seem them roll out an advanced calendar that would allow you to block out HOURS for cleaning. As a host on a remote island where there are only so many ways you can get to/from the island we try to be as flexible as we can. I mentioned this in a post earlier too: how about allowing us to set different check-in and check-out times for different days of the week! In our experience, a late check-out on a Sunday is usually ok because people rarely check-in on a Monday (unless it's during a special vacation). It would also be nice to see the exact check-in and check-out times of guests on the calendar - unless of course they provide the ability to block HOURS on the calendar.

Michele4
Level 9
Munich, Germany

Or even better: reflect the actual check-in times and sync them with Google calendar!

(as requested multiple times)

Laura256
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

There are a number of requests for these features, some of which go back years.  Airbnb, when are you going to do something about them?  These are OBVIOUS needs that are fundamental to hosting!!!