Put Reviews back in chronological order to reflect listing development

Put Reviews back in chronological order to reflect listing development

Mixing old and new reviews is confusing, and as a guest I would want to see latest and up-to-date reviews, because that's the situation going on right now.

Old reviews may reflect something good or bad that might not even be relevant anymore!!!!!

Response from Airbnb

We agree that older reviews may not reflect current reality as you continue improving your listing and your hosting skills, often based on guest feedback. However, our research has shown that displaying reviews from guests of the same language and country leads to more bookings, and we want you to get as many bookings as possible.

The reviews that a guest sees on your listing are prioritized first by the guest’s native language and country, and second by chronological order. In some cases, older reviews may appear above more recent ones that aren’t in the guest’s native language or from the guest’s home country.

67 Comments
Andrew297
Level 2

Just had this back from support regarding my query re review order:

'They will appreciate this feedback and If this review section has been already organized by Chronological order will be updating all the Airbnb family members. We may not provide an exact time frame but will work hand in hand to provide the best resolution to all our Guest and Host. '

This was in response to me saying the following:

'It would be great if you could pass my comments to management as the more I've thought about it the more I think that going back to chronological order is what most people would appreciate (there does seem to be a lot of hosts out there who think the same way'

Although not quite sure what there reply means!

Kate260
Level 3

this DOES NOT mean the reviews will go back in chronological order. in fact many of the Airbnb customer service people dont even know that the reviews were reordered by location of guest. they are CLUELESS. unless we all keep complaining and saying we will take our business elsewhere they will do NOTHING. I just blocked out 2 months on my calendar for another website that actually LISTENS to its Hosts. AIRBNB IS IGNORING OUR REQUESTS. Not good business...

Kate260
Level 3

when you call Airbnb about this issue ask for a SUPERVISOR because most of the regular customer service do not even know about the problem.. IF EVERYONE on this forum called and called repeatedly to complain to supervisors maybe they would do something to change this stupid policy that is costing us all revenues back to chronological order...

Olivia15
Level 2

I just posted a comment about this as a reply.  Am not used to this format. I am an OLD host!! In any case, I agree, please put the most recent review first.  Also, when looking for a place to stay, I want to see all the reviews, not only the ones from Americans!  Are we supposed to trust them more?  Weird.  Please restore the old way.

Steven65
Level 10

How about adding a filter to reviews? eg. recent, home country, stars 

Airbnb
Official Account
Status changed to: Not In Plan

ChuckandCarole0
Level 7

The case manager's explanation is erroneous....all of my recent reviews are in english, and they are not in chronological order even if from the same country....folks will just stop submitting reviews....i certainly won't bother as a guest when i travel, knowing there is a good chance they won't be seen....what's the point? plus as a prospective guest, i don't care if the reviews i am reading are from my country or not....i think some new hire just had to justify their position by coming up with a new idea.....

Michele4
Level 9

Not in plan? Really??

For a request that has been made multiple times during the last year this is a slap in the face!

As a guest I really don't care where the reviewers are from, I JUST WANT TO SEE THE MOST RECENT ONES!

And as host I'm always proud of positive feedback for recent changes, which I want to present at my listing. And I don't care where my guests are from, I welcome everyone.

Stephen-Y-Edda0
Level 3

Steven's comment (above) is a great idea:

"How about adding a filter to reviews? eg. recent, home country, stars"

How about having "chronological-descending" for the default ordering option, and then allowing potential guests to re-order along the options as suggested by Steven?

Please!!!!

-Stephen (host)

Michele4
Level 9

Exactly, how hard can it be? Leave the choice to the user! (this isn't a windows based system after all 😉