Rating of listing should be the main criterium for listings visibility

Blagoje0
Level 10
Split, Croatia

Rating of listing should be the main criterium for listings visibility

When you do a search as a guest you can see listings on few first pages that have lower then five star ratings and five star listings and even superhosts, who are positioned behind them!!

Shouldn't host who take additional efforts providing guests excellent travel experience be on that top pages?

Shouldn't guest feedback be the main criterium for listings positioning?

Guests love and enjoy staying at top rated listings. They are the one who make that listings top rated. So guests satisfaction during their stay should be main criterium for listing visibility couse guests enjoyed that listings the most!

- higher rated listings- higher guests experience - higher ranking
- lower rated listings- lower guests experience - lower ranking

Lower rated listings in same town should never outrank higher rated listings.
It is bad for guests it is bad for hosts.

3 Replies 3
Kristen11
Level 3
Truckee, CA

Yes, I agree!  Plus the Superhost status Airbnb is wanting us to strive for!

@Blagoje0, I agree, as well, while also understanding that new hosts would be left out in the cold if they weren't filtered in with Superhosts, and given a chance to excel. I gasp every now and then when I see my listing lower on the list than I think it should be. Then, looking at my calendar I realize that I'm booked pretty solid, so I feel lucky to be doing this. Airbnb is changing, and fast. For better or worse, I'll probably host until it's no longer fun. Cheers!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.