Results from Instant Book Search

Results from Instant Book Search

A recent change has made so hosts using Instant Book that require guests to have a Verified ID and a prior positive review are being eliminated from ALL search results when the Instant Book toggle that says "Listings where you do not have to wait for host approval"  is turned "on" (default status).  Why would that be the case?  

Please put listings like ours back into the results because they do not need to meet with my "approval" but meet a standard Airbnb created as an option for booking.  

3 Comments
CarlandDiane0
Level 10

We just turned Instant Book on. We did it because I ran some tests of searching for properties here in San Marcos. Although Instant Book isn't really selected by default (yet, anyway), I discovered that when a guest selects even one filter option (say, "Entire Home"), a window pops up encouraging the guest to choose Instant Book.

The window offers no other options, and the way it's written, you think that if you don't click the red button, you won't see Instant Book listings at all. If only Airbnb would add a second button that says "See all listings." But of course, they want everyone to book instantly, so that's not going to happen.

We'll see. We really value the ability to gauge whether a guest is a good fit for our space. It's a shame that is being stripped away.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Wendy-and-Sol0
Level 3

@Alice-and-Jeff0-

I am not sure if we can resurface your message as I see it has been archived?

I wonder if that was the issue with our listings. I would log off my account do a search with the city, state and zip code to see if we popped up and we didn't.

Los Angeles, CA 90065

I didn't specify any dates or use any filters. I contacted airbnb to inquire. At first they said I needed to specify the dates. I did but still didn't pop up. However, that couldn't have been the reason when I didn't enter any dates and the reason I know is because I would get listings who were actually pretty booked for months at a time.

From my phone conversation with airbnb, I received an email to say they would look into it. Then another email saying the issue had been resolved, but our bookings have been so slow I still think we aren't popping up.

We do have instant book, I do update my listing regularly. However like you, I have set our IB to guests who meet certain standards.

Our current stats for one of our listings has over 700 views in the first 12 days of January. However it also states we have 22 requests and 7 reservations which is not accurate, unless they are counting all the reservations and requests from when we first started hosting in our home back in mid-Nov.