Review Stats and a few other things

Review Stats and a few other things

We have looked at the new Stats pages and with regard to Reviews..... We like some of the changes however .......

Prior to this change, we were able to see and track what the ratings were for the various rating catagories such as Cleanliness, Communication, Accuracy, etc.

With the new stats we can only see the overall star rating so if we get anything less than a 5 star rating and the guest doesn't mention anything in the review or the private feedback, we have no idea why we might get a lower than 5 rating. We actually use these ratings to see if it's possible to improve in some areas.

Idea: When looking for feedback and ideas to improve Airbnb reach out to your top 10% of hosts in each state, in each top market for direct input before making changes.

Also, as far as number of guests, it's important to know the names of ALL guests. So let's say someone makes a reservation for 3 people. Of course we have the name of the person who made the reservation but we have no idea who the other 2 people are unless we ask. This should just be included when they make the reservation.
Idea: If there is more than one guest, ask the guest who the other people are and include thier names.

Instant Book can problematic. We tried it and are not comfortable with it. Guests consistently DO NOT READ the details on the listing. Especially new Airbnb users which make up between 30% - 50% of our reservations. Even if we ask - Did you read ALL the details on the listing before making the reservation? and they say yes, they probably missed something important.
Idea: Giving Instant Book listings priority in searches is not a fair way to prioritize the listings. We are Superhosts and one of the top Hosts in our market yet our listings are showing up on the 5th or 6th page. You need to rethink this Instant Book option.

More to come. Thanks for the consideration.

4 Replies 4
Bradd0
Level 2
Krakow, Poland

This new stats page is terrible, I also like to track who is giving me which stars for each criteria. It's how I improve for future guests. This is very frustrating.

Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Neu in der Community? Stell dich hier vor. Siehe auch Community Hilfe! Richtlinien & Infos findest du in Neuigkeiten.

Tom161
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Yes! I am looking for this too, I've kept a detailed spreadsheet about each category and what guest and I've made notes on how I can improve and now I can't do that anymore. It's garbage! 

David467
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

I did the same. Kept a detailed list of my values for each catagory to improve. Now we have no idea what rating each guest is leaving. How are supposed to improve?