Reviews not based in reality - Absurdly disfuntional host

Anamaria69
Level 2
Fort Myers, FL

Reviews not based in reality - Absurdly disfuntional host

I am not sure if the feature of reviews can actually be reviwed itself. I used Airbnb from my account the first time, and had terrible luck. Perhaps the worst traveling experience I have had. Although I wanted to focus on the positve aspects of the place (whcih were very few). I am now stucked with some bad review from the host, who ctully might need ot have a psychlogical evaluation performed. The man, was not even the "host" listed on Airbnb, and he failed misrebaly at doing his job. So, now I am to blame for his unprofessionalism, rudeness, disregard, and he did not even mention that I left the home immaculately clean. 

I am very dissapointed at this experience, and even more dissapointed with the review. I am not sure how this is going to affect me in future bookings. But, I wish there was a way to change that review systme used by Airbnb...not effective, and not fair at all.

1 Reply 1
Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Anamaria

I sorry you had such a bad experience, it amazes me how some Host do not allow for delays due to unforeseen circumstances on their check in times particularly when there location in such an international city like Paris, where people are flying in from all over the world.

Apparently, you upset his plan for the evening, which to my mind shows complete inflexibility on his part and a complete miss-understanding about what hosting is about. Anamaria you did all the right things by keeping your Host informed about the delays.

Having said all the above I had a guest keep me waiting 8.5 hours without any communication at all and no response to my messages sent on three different messaging systems.

I think you may just have been unlucky this time around!

Regards

Cormac

The Explorer’s Club Krakow III