STOP changing the Airbnb platform because you can!

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

STOP changing the Airbnb platform because you can!

This issue has been discussed & requested numerous times by Hosts.  Airbnb:  Please stop your programming staff from making uninformed changes to how Hosts manage our listing on Airbnb.  Hosts continue to experience changes that are not improvements, but appear to be changes just for changes' sake.  Now, Airbnb is increasing Hosts' time and effort required to edit their listing(s).  Now, after selecting Manage Listing, and going to the Basics text group, or Description text group, the Reservation Calendar pops up instead, and nowhere are you able to immediately edit the text.  The "Basics" or "Description" section is NOT offered on the drop-down menu to the Left.  But even if it were, why would you remove the feature that allows one to go directly into the text of what you're trying to edit?  Don't the supervisors or managers ever check these people's work to see the ridiculous changes they are making to what we work in every day?  REQUEST:  Please ensure that programmers/coders are supervised, and stop making unnecessary changes that do not improve the functionality or ease of use of this platform.  This should be an easy ask.  Why do we have to keep asking?

4 Replies 4
Isabelle193
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

I discovered last week via community board chats that we should check our listing regularly as we never get notified of changes or updates- today again by chance I look and all my Amenities are not only changed but not correctly updated giving room for guest who booked ages ago to possibly be disappointed that's for sure ! 😞

Jeff33
Level 1
Palm Springs, CA

I reported a problem with not being able to edit my listing at all.  Then after clicking submit - I see a message that they will not individually respond to my request for help with this matter.  If they had stated that upfront I would not have wasted time to type a detailed explanation of the problem only to be told they wil not respond.  Very unsatisfied with this disregard for my time.

Ken28
Level 10
Newburgh, IN

It's simply embarrasing when you're trying to step a Guest through something simple, like an alteration, and the interface changed. Now you're both staring at it, confused.

Not good for the public image!

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

And where is “map search”....first it was easily accessable, then it was hidden a dropdown menu and now it is nowhere to be found!  This is the featureI use to find a place in big cities and , as I live close to 3 universities, it is how many people found me in the past.

This my fourth spring host and the first where I have not been comletely booked in March and April.  

FYI, 20 ‘like’ to a post will get sent up the line to the boys in the office, so like away if you agree.