See reviews a guest has left for other hosts.

See reviews a guest has left for other hosts.

When a guest makes a request to book, the host should be able to click a link to  see past reviews and overall star ratings that particular guest has made. It would enable hosts to be able to see if the guest is a good fit for the listing by seeing what they did or didn't like about the places they've stayed. For hosts who would like to achieve Superhost status, it would allow us to see which guests are in the habit of leaving low ratings or are the sort who never leave a five star reviews.

6 Comments

Hi Leslie

You can click on the guest profile, then click on their reviews and go in the hosts pages where they stayed so you can see if they left a review and which kind of reviews

Cormac0
Level 10

@Leslie0

Airbnb could easily tabulate this data and share it with hosts, but in my opinion it would only feed into a loop of an already BROKEN rating system.

In plain English where would the veracity of the rating system go when one only hosted Guest who gave five star ratings, down the toilet I suspect.

In my opinion a sense of balance will only be achieved, when Hosts Rate Guests in the same manner a Guests rate Hosts, and Guests intent on blackmailing their Host with unreasonable demands based on a potential bad review will find themselves quickly black balled as they should be.

Leslie7
Level 10

cormac, I would rent to people who give less than five star reviews if I can read through the reviews they've left to see if my place is a good fit. Guests should be encouraged to mention why they have decided to take a star or more away, so hosts can know what they're looking for.

Kirstie
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Kirstie
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Bianca62
Level 1

I had a guest negotiate me down, try to then make me pay her AirBnB fees, credit card fees, currency exchange fees on an accepted offer, then say the apartment was not good enough to get a refund. She said "It would be better for both of us if I gave her a full refund and she leaves or half if she stays" she obviously found a better deal elsewhere but had no consideration about my property being left empty because of her changing her mind, hence my strict cancellation policy. AirBnB staff were amazing, they said they would definitely not refund her as they had no photos to back up her claims etc. Even so, I lost my Super Host status. She definitely blackmailed me but I had to stand up for the AirBnB community so she thought twice about doing it again. When I offered £100 and she could leave half way into her stay, she said "that's laughable, isn't worth her while" perhaps she should get a proper job where her efforts pay more dividends. I hope there could be discretion where bad ratings can be removed on screening guest actions for unreasonable disgruntlement based on not getting what they want vs. the quality of the accommodation.