Set cleaning costs on a daily basis or change based on length of stay

Cindy21
Level 2
Oxshott, United Kingdom

Set cleaning costs on a daily basis or change based on length of stay

PROBLEM:

=============

People sometimes want weekly cleans. Others bring pets. Others have kids. Others just stay a long time and so final cleaning is more expensive.

Others book only for 2 or 3 nights and yet the cost to change the linens is the same as for longer bookings. And it is expensive.

Cleaning is the most expensive part of maintainance for a host

SOLUTION:

=========

Let hosts set a cleaning fee on a daily basis and based on length of stay. So a longer stay ie. 2 weeks, might have the daily cleaning fee being 9 pounds a day..

10 pounds * 14= 140.  If a 3 day stay is booked, the host can say cleaning is 25 pounds per day as an example. So the cleaning cost is les expensive (per day) than the shorter stay, but the host can set what is appropriate for them.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

4 Replies 4
Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I'd like to see this, but for a different reason. I'd like to be able to charge a higher cleaning fee when there are over two guests. Four guests are charged a bit more; six guests even more. This would compensate for the extra linens, washings, cleaning, hot tub draining / cleaning, etc. 

Michele4
Level 9
Munich, Germany

That would be great! Just add a small fee per night and per guest and everybody is happy!

Would like to see a section for cleaning that way host can find services easily by city or cleaners can see a list of whom needs the service!!

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

This is a problem for everyone.

I dont clean for long term guests other than removing trash and washing sheets. They change sheets out themselves. The apt has all the cleaning things needed on site. Washer dryer and extra linens are all there.

My cleaning fee is about half of my actual cost for a full, professional deep clean which is only needed after a long term person and then spring and fall. It takes me 1-2 hours tops to clean myself, so that fee simply adds to the bottom line.

I am lucky that so far all my guests have been amazingly tidy. This works for me, but my place is only 1000ft/sq.