Shareholder / Employee Owned program

J15
Level 2
Columbus, OH

Shareholder / Employee Owned program

It would be great to give hosts or superhosts the option to purchase into a stock program with Airbnb or to havea discounted purchase option. We work very hard to maintain your brand and are at the front lines of Airbnb's public image. We are the ones who ensure that our bookings run smoothly and are meeting your standards. High reviews and Superhost statuses show that the best of the bunch really are true "Airbnb" superstars and brand representatives!

Please consider this to ensure that your hosts buy into your company, increase the value of your company, and gives us a true sense of ownership and belonging in the Airbnb community.

3 Replies 3
Roberto120
Level 1
Minnetonka, MN

I fully agree with this idea Airbnb is more than just a site to list our properties to me is like a workplace where the more effort I put into it the more rewards I receive. A share buying option would be a great way to ensure that hosts have a big reason to continue making Airbnb the best service of its kind.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Korey1
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

This is such an important topic and I'm not sure the proper way to begin a proper discusssion with Airbnb.  I agree wholeheartedly that superhost should be given the opportunity to purchase shares before the general public.  If Airbnb is going to sell shares in order to pay back original investors they might as well allow the superhost in the frontline that are generating the revenue to be able to invest in Airbnb the company. 

A couple of good benefits Airbnb would reap by allowing superhost to invest in Airbnb the company include exclusivity of listings as well as additional local support while regulations are being rolled out.

Exclusivity to Airbnb is going to be a big deal.  Airbnb has and is going to continue to have competition: Homeaway, VRBO, Booking.com, Tripping.com, Rented.com, Expedia, and even Priceline.  If I listed my properties on every home sharing website available then guest will shop the internet for the cheapest price for the same property.  Airbnb is building a nice brand, but I believe it will come down to the best host and the best properties.  I propose that superhost that own shares will also sign an exclusivity agreement to Airbnb.  We list our properties exclusively on Airbnb.com and not with any of the competiton. 

In my local area we have a facebook group.  Many host are asking other host to attend town hall meetings in their respected area or municipality when short term rentals will be a major topic.  I wondered why I would attend to promote an area other than my own.  This would be me assisting my competition considering my city is already friendly to short term rentals.  If host had ownership in the overall business then we would be much more likely to unite to help mold favorable regulation throughout the country. 

Im sure we can think of other reasons why this would be a good deal for all sides.  Where do we go next?  How do host get into contact with Airbnb besides their customer service dept?