Show hosts the star ratings guests receive

Show hosts the star ratings guests receive

The guest sees hosts' star ratings, but we never get to see how the guest has been rated by past hosts. Both sides should get to see how they have been rated and the percentage of thumbs up to total stays.

Also, implement a "Super Guest" badge for guests who have received 80% 5-star ratings, have prompt response time, etc. Similar criteria to a Super Host.

And allow us to Instant Book only Super Guests or previous guests.

37 Comments
René5
Level 4

I really like the Super Guests idea! And I like it for the Instant Book. Which I currently don't like and won't use, mostly because I put in a lot of communication before booking so I have a better chance of filling the bill for a 5-star rating.

Hello? AirBnB? This would give Guests incentives to help us Hosts (who strive for a good experience and ratings vs just max bookings) to want to use Instant Book.

PS: But there are previous guests I would not want to stay again, even though they were okay-ish (and gave me low ratings on location or value) even though they loved my hosting and home.

Julie-Ulrike0
Level 2

Wonderful idea! Incentives for being a great guests!

Mary-and-Jeff1
Level 3

Awesome Idea! ! ! 

Steve103
Level 9

Hey Rebecca 🙂 

I like the super guest badge idea!

There is a trick to see how the guests rated you although it take a little work. 

Go to the stats page and screenshot or save each category info. Then after a guest checks out and submits a review youll see the change  in data. 

It actually becomes much easier if you have consistent high marks. Then all you are doing is looking for deviations so you can eyeball it. But at first just save the data till you get a feel. 

All great ideas! It is rediculous that we would have to go to the lengths that Steve has recommended just to see the star ratings. 

Joe58
Level 2

Yes yes We need SUPER GUEST Badges. Awesome idea!

Chantal6
Level 5

Love it!!! What a great idea:)

Frank-and-Lisa0
Level 3

We agree!

Excellent idea Rebecca. 

Ryan27
Level 5

Totally agree!  I have brought this up to Airbnb as well.  Hosts are held to a MUCH higher standard of expectations than guests are.  I have been experiencing quite a number or poor guests and behavior since the end of June.  When a guest reviews a host, many questions are asked as well as star ratings.  High standards!  When I review a guest, there are only 3 star ratings and the public and private paragraph.  There needs to be more and hosts need to see the star ratings and number of yes vs. no recommendations from prior hosts.  There needs to be a question the host answers about the guest asking for too many things above and beyond, like early check in, late check out, storing luggage, additional parking, etc. and contacting the host too frequently daily asking things that were already emailed to them or in the listing.  Hosts work and have a life.  We don't just sit at some reception desk, bored out of minds, hoping the guest will give us something to do as many guests seem to think!

Wyatt
Host Voice Admin
Status changed to: Popular

The status of this Idea has been changed to Popular. Ideas that receive 20 or more Thumbs up from the community within the first 7 days of being published become Popular. The Popular Ideas with the most Thumbs Up are reviewed closely by the Airbnb product team. In reviewing these Ideas, the original post and comments from the community will be considered. Thank you for taking the time to submit a thoughtful Idea that resonates with the community.