Smart Phone technology

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Smart Phone technology

Hi Folks

I don’t think I’ve had a guest yet that did not have a smart phone, and for this reason I’m wondering why AirBnb are not leveraging these phones capabilities, for example

1.       Why don’t they use facial recognition within the AirBnb app to check-in Guests?

a.       It would validate guests against their id photo

b.       it would confirm their actual check – in time

c.       it would kill third party bookings, or confirm at least one of the party is an Airbnb member which is an Airbnb requirement.

2.       Airbnb ID card with QR code (yet to be introduced) in conjunction with the Airbnb app would do all the three points above as well.

3.        Give real time tracking of a guest’s location within two hours prior to arrival and calculate the expected time of arrival.

Of course, for those Host that don’t deal personally with their guests It could be clearly stated that this check-in process is not a requirement for them (I envisage a badge for this), it would have the added advantage/disadvantage of channelling third party booking to these listings that op out, in addition to this, as self-check-in is a business traveller requirement that base is covered as well.

For God’s sake Airbnb leverage smart phones capabilities and bring us hosts into the 21st century.

Regards

Cormac

1 Reply 1
Lynnie1
Level 5
Foulkesmill, Ireland

I would love to track them before they arrive instead of annoying them about how they are doing. I have to hope they give me an update. I live 25 minutes away and guests are often 2 hours later than they thought they'd be. (I've also had one be earlier than expected and caught me giving a last-minute sweep)