Specific Dates Minimum Stay

Specific Dates Minimum Stay

I am hoping that Airbnb can add a feature to the calendar setting in which the host can choose specific dates to have a minimum night stay.  The only thing I have found is the setting to make all weekends have a minimum stay, which doesn't fit what I'm looking for.  I am really looking for the ability to set a minimum stay (say 2 nights) on dates that I know there is a high demand in the area (holiday weekends, festival weekends, etc).  

It is prefereable to have the minimum stay automatic in the booking process so that a renter doesn't get disappointed after hitting the "book now" button, only to have the host reject the booking and say "sorry, we have a minimum 2 night stay that weekend."

17 Comments

this would be a time saver!

Christopher262
Level 1

I searched for this on desktop with no luck. Finally found "Add seasonal requirement" on mobile. Sucky experience.

Susan706
Level 1

I forget how to do this all the time, and then spend half an hour re-figuring. Go to Availability, then trip length- edit,  Add a requirement for seasons or weekends-then it apears that you are stuck having the change for that whole period, but if you hit the drop down arrow, under the 3 month " periods", you will see "specific dates", which then allows you to narrow the field.

Milly5
Level 1

In the popup box select "specific dates" from the "During" drop down dates

I dont seem to have this option! have airbnb removed it????

why is setting pricing SO complex with them, tripadvisor for instance is pretty black and white, none of this discount rubbish, it seems to me thet no one cares at the top!!!! not even a helpline number, pretty SHOCKING!!!

Laurel27
Level 2

Took me forever to find it.  Look under Availability, Hit the Edit box for Trip Length, then click "Add Another Requirement" - then you can change the minimum days for a certain time frame.  Look at the bottom to do Specific Dates.  

Steve85
Level 2

Ive had the same issue, but you need to save quite a few times becuase , wel, AirBNB have gone mad is all i can explain. In  "Edit A Requirement"- SAVE , then this takes you back to  EDIT Trip Lengh - SAVE AGAIN, or it all dissapears! Also I believe lets say you say minimum lenght 7 nights, but thats FROM any night in the date range if you dont pick a check in day, so they could book the last night ( presumably for more $) but if you havnt set more $ for the next 6 nights they will get the cheaper rate... so Im padding the follwing days in $ just to make sure the dont book out the primo day, then have cheap days.. if you know what i mean. Used to work way better, why did they change it?

Scott292
Level 2

I would like to change minimum stay during off months to 2 nights rather than the 3 nights I require for peak periods.  Can this be done?

In other words, during the months of April and May, I'd like the minimum stay to be 2 nights, while retaining 3 night minimum during all other times.

Doable?