Square footage for best comparison

Square footage for best comparison

I would like to see a prominent place for the Square Footage. For example: If one place hosts four with one bedroom and a full size couples bed and room to barely walk around, and another is twice as large and hosts four and the bedroom has a California King bed, and there is plenty of room to move, this is a big difference. This is an important factor in choosing one's accomodations. Some people don't mind a small turn around place if out all the time and just want a place to sleep. Someone else may want more room to move.

When a listing says One bedroom, many people never look at the details to see what size the beds are and have no idea how crowded or comfortable they would be. 

3 Comments
Eddee0
Level 2

The pictures should show very clearly what the space looks like by looking at a chair or similar object in it. In New York City small room space is simply more expensive than in Colorado Springs, which makes the perception of space different based on market cost, neighborhood and the decoration.

My bedrooms in a provincial town would be $30 a night but in New York they are at least $70-100 a night depending on the season because there is a very high demand and people want to avoid long train commutes to Manhattan where everything important is.

Ivo47
Level 1

I agree. We have recently started our first Airbnb apartment in Prague. Our apartment is 50 sqm (530 sqft) big with one bedroom and with one livingroom with sofa bed (with a kitchen). Our price in low season is only 30€ for a night because of other listings in our area with smaller studios. For example in the same building there is 20 sqm (215 sqft) studio which can host up to 4 peope! Their listing sayis that there is 1 bedroom (bed is under the cealing - above kitchen) and 1 common room with sofa (direct next to the kitchen) so practicaly it is only 1 room but is listed as 2... The "bedroom" in this case is not privet at all! It is sad that our flatis for the same price for a night as the studio, even it is 2 times bigger.

Would be great that there is comparison in sqm/sqft!

Karin186
Level 1

I posted on this last year. This is a must. I am directly competing with apartments that are half the size.  Hotels often make their rates adjust  to adherence to size of room. I have my stand alone house with full kitchen living areas, office space etc to compare with an apartment just half the size. I charge low prices compared to same in house but my price is competing with apartments. As far as concern with areas having premium prices for sought after inner city locations aren't people already searching based on a location.