Stop suggesting instant book!

Stop suggesting instant book!

I don't want to offer it and it's annoying to dismiss it constantly

6 Comments
Maria65
Level 3

Hi Michele, I have instant book, but my Guest only can  instant book if they are with indentity verify.

Is very Annoying to dismiss when you dont have it!!!

Sarah977
Level 10

What do you mean annoying to dismiss it constantly? I don't use IB, and the prodding to use it only appears on the right side of my calendar page, along with the price tips and smart pricing prodding. I just completely ignore that stuff. There's far more irritating stuff in life to be annoyed by.

Michele4
Level 9

@Sarah0 sorry to hear that.

Just to clarify : I'm using airbnb mostly on mobile devices and there the "suggestions" occupy half of the screen. On a big desktop screen it's easy to ignore them.

Susana185
Level 3

I just posted:

Sometimes it happens that who asks for a reservation is doing such for someone else. Be it because the REAL guest is not registered in Airbnb or because the credit card has not been registered or...whatever.

So that the REAL guest is not the one with the necessary verifications presented for the host and you are receiveng a total stranger not even covered by Airbnb and that means no responsibility either on its part. 

Regards from a worried host

Sarah977
Level 10

@Michele4I didn't realize it kept appearing hugely and annoyingly on the mobile app, as I only use desktop. I can understand now how annoying it must be.

Ann10
Level 10

It constantly appears for me and I constantly turn it down. It is annoying! Yeah, and if you unwittingly get a 3rd party booking, don't count on Airbnb to back you up! Sorry, whatever went wrong is your problem. I always get the IDs myself of everyone staying in my place and I make them sign a contract. Don't risk anything. That's how you weed out the criminals and con artists... hopefully!