Suggestions on the new layout!

Suggestions on the new layout!

@ lizzie admin

Please Help! The new layout is so hard to work with! Please put all those price related management functions back to the side of the calendar!

For example, Calendar vs Availability setting:

I can not look at my calendar and design my availability on the new layout! In the previous layout, it is so easy to look at the calendar on the left site and set up special availability on the right side.

Now with the new layout, I have to go to calendar, write down the dates, and click to management setting--- click to ---- availability and click to "special request" to make my changes. And if I forget, I have to go back again!!!!

So hard to do!!!!

Jennifer

Jennifer

9 Comments
Jeremy60
Level 2

AMEN!! I have 15 properties and I like to go in and change the pricing and availability several times a week to make sure I fill in my calendar.

In addition, the drop down to switch between properties only only lists 10 of my 15, so I have to go to My Listings and then back to the calendar for the other 5 listings and now I have to go to a different page to adjust the availability. I opened 2 browsers this morning so that I could switch back and forth. Very annoying!

Richard_Karen0
Level 3

I regularly use  "custom minimum nights" which I now have to edit "Trip Length" to see my current settings. This should definitely be back where it was previously along side the calendar, now I need to open up 2 tabs to see both at the same time.

Dale-and-Kim0
Level 2

I would really appreciate it if the "Your Reservations" page of upcoming reservations also included the number of guests expected in each reservation.

Kristen56
Level 4

Can someone please tell me how I can make a gap of specific days available for booking regardless of what the basic minimum abd maximum stay is? I have gone into a deep internet hole of discussions and comments and simply cannot find this feature - which I have wanted to have since hosting day one!

This seems like it should be common sense - for example, I prefer 3 day minumums, but often have two consecutive days open here and there that I would like to have an option of openeing those up for booking at my discretion.

Clearly I don't want to change my minumum nights to 2 days in general as that would create even more potential for two night bookings, which is what I am trying to avoid. 

This is clearly not an intuitive feature of the site if it is available; if it is not then I think there needs to be some discussion over there at Airbnb as it's just silly to not have this option...

Sarah766
Level 1

I can't find my special request button anymore!!! As above, I am used to it all being next to the calander so you could make changes easily. 

Any help apreciated. I want to block out the winter months so it is only avaiable for a long term let and i've spend all afternoon trying to figure it out. 

Also I like 3 days min but if I have a 2 day gap in between, then I would like to make changes quickly to allow a booking there. 

On the old layout I could do my changes very quickly! 

Bob80
Level 2

I want to be able to mark certain dates as having specific minimum stay requirements.  i.e. "Thanksgiving Weekend must be a four day stay", "Legal Holidays" must be a three day stay", etc.  Total flexibility to alter any date on the calendar accordingly would be best in order to cover local festivals, popular musical events, etc.

Angie29
Level 10

Bob, I totally understand what you're saying.  We just lost an extra day of booking on a 3-day holiday because we were unablbe (don't know how) to mark it as such on the calendar.  Very frustrating.  Let me know when you get an answer.        

Kate420
Level 2

I too have gone down several wormholes trying to change our 2 night min. to a 3 night min. for one significant weekend with zero luck, time flying by and frustration starting to boil. This is a serious flaw in the interface that needs attention and clarity.

And for the sake of our sanity: Make it work. Then, DO NOT freakin' change it.

Angie29
Level 10

Kate, I am copying and pasting something from another host I used.  Hope it works for you, too.

I don't quite understand the second paragraph she wrote, but perhaps you do.   

- On your calendar

Availability Settings > Reservation Preference (top right)

go to: Add another requirement (bottom right)

In the popup box select "specific dates" from the "During" drop down dates

- Only problem is that you can't have two different settings on consecutive nights, as the "rules" works on days not nights, so for a Monday night you put in the dates for between Monday and Tuesday, But then the system won't allow Tuesday to be used again to make a different rule for Tuesday night.