Superhost status -- quality not quantity

Superhost status -- quality not quantity

It would be great if we did not need to host so many bookings to gain "superhost" status. We get great reviews, but do not always have more than 10 separate bookings a year. Some of our guests stay a month or more. It would be great if "superhost" referred to the quality, not the quantity of the listing. Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Brent23
Level 3
Saint Petersburg, FL

I disagree, partly. I feel a host should have 25 stays to get superhost status, it's WAY too easy to become superhost, to the point where it almost doesn't mean anything to be superhost, everybody's a figgin' superhost! Think about this:  once you become a superhost (and you will, then you'll see it a little differently than you do now) and then if/when something happens where you lose your superhost status (example: a cancellation) then you lose your superhost status for an entire year plus however many days it is until the end of the current quarter. With that kind of penalty for losing your status, there should be an equally respecting minimum criteria to become superhost in the first place. Keep this in mind, becoming superhost is easy compared to staying superhost. Btw, you could do this- you could ask a guest that you feel comfortable with to book his/her multi-night stay in individual nights, that way you can get them to give you a review for each and every night that they stay, it counts! 🙂 Another thing you can do is lower your price to a ridiculously low point just to get the quick reviews you need, that's exactly what I did for the first month and it worked great. It's important to slyly convey to your guests how important their review is to you, you have to mention it to every guest in some way, or else you'll lose out on reviews, reviews are gold to you. Hang in there.  😉

Brent23
Level 3
Saint Petersburg, FL

P.S. After reading your post again, I now see that you're writing not as rookies but as someone that hosts long stays. I'll leave the my comment up anyway even though it doesn't completely apply to you, it will apply to some frustrated newbie surfing through. 🙂 

Jo242
Level 2
Exmouth, United Kingdom

It's funny how we all seem to want "superhost" status isn't it?  I'm new to hosting, so not sure yet if I want to be superhost anymore than I want to be super-woman! Booking a place through Airbnb the other day I found the superhost label made absolutely no difference to my decision. Basically, it's a clever ploy to encourage high standards which is fair enough (some people need a star or a tick to aspire towards), but the important thing is confidence in our own capacity to be super as hosts. Only reviews, profiles and communications can show that. For those who feel the badge may do them good, I agree with your comments Robyn and David!