Vote for more calendar controls!

Stirling0
Level 3
Austin, TX

Vote for more calendar controls!

For those of us who have listings in vacation destinations (verses cities that attract leisure and business travelers), it would be very helpful to have more flexible calendar controls like Saturday to Saturday OR Sunday to Sunday bookings (not just one or the other, as is currently the case) and minimum length bookings that can change based on the dates I'm talking about. Right now the settings are just blanket settings. What I want during the holidays (high season) isn't necessarily what I want in August (low season). Similarly, cancelation penalties should be different at different times of year. If I have a last minute cancelation during Spring Break, that is a significant income loss, and unlike a property in a place like NYC or San Fran, I'm very unlikely to get that time filled as guests need to book flights and plan a vacation to the destination which my house is located. 

3 Replies 3
Peter-and-Afroz0
Level 1
Niagara Falls, Canada

I live in a city that is very seasonal.

We have a distinct low season Oct till end of March (except Christmas and New year). The prices for this season need to be low (but AirBNB tries to force the price to an un-naturally low level C$8 to stay is not economic). We need ways to encourage multi-day stays. Because of local celebrations New Years Eve is the most expensive day of the year.

There is a mid-season where weekends prices need to apply (for Friday and Saturday need to be 15% to 20% higher than Sun to Thur). This season is Apr to mid June and October.

There is a peak season, where prices must remain high.

CVariable prices don't respect seasonality. As today (if my caliendar is not altered) someone could book in July at winter prices - WRONG!!!

Abel24
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I was just updating my calendar and realised that there could be a far more easy way of doing things to cater for "peak or premium seasons", like during school holidays, public holidays local events, and of course festive and seasonal variations. Currently this has to be done manually one date at a time, which is a real chore. 

A tabulated entry method would be awesome, with the ability to add lines : Eg.

Note/Remark       Start Date    End Date     Rate Surcharge

Hopefully AirBnB will take note and get their designers to work on this.

Jacquelyn-And-Alan0
Level 2
Saltash, United Kingdom

We have the same problem, it is winter now and the price is set low, however people are booking now for high season summer at the same low price. We need to be able to set high season and low seaon pricing.