"High maintenance" guests

"High maintenance" guests

Suggest Airbnb add a parameter for Hosts to rate Guests on how much "high maintenance" the guests are.

For example, some guests do not read the welcome guide and send a barrage of questions non-stop, expecting the host to be on standby to answer every question that pops to their mind. We need to find a way to rate Guests on this parameter, otherwise Hosts will be so busy every day managing these "high maintenance" guests. This is very time=consuming and frustrating for Hosts.

4 Comments
Sally4
Level 6

Yes! I have spent over an hour in back and forth communication with guests, asking about things that are clearly mentioned in the listing.  I have found that if I include a photo that helps my guests SEE a reinforcement, that helps.  For example... We are on the ski slopes of a resort, and people ask, will there be snow on the road? It was mentioned in their welcome letter, and should be obvious... now I have a photo of the county sign saying "Caution, winter driving conditions" (the sign is half buried in snow) problem sloved!

Annette2
Level 2

I have a guest now, 28 days, who asked within hours of booking  to use the "washer and dryer" that told me she never read the basic amenities list for my home. It has only gotten worse from that point. I found out they brought two dogs without even telling me. The are actually running a business out of my house, receiving mail there, and asked to borrow my vacuum cleaner, the one at the house isn't good enough. They also asked for a crock pot, and we are up to 46 pages of back and forth messages. It goes on and on, but I hope to give a review so that these two never darken an Airbnb home again.  They asked me to bring space heaters to the house because it was too cold. They did not even know how to turn up the heat. I can't believe people like this really make it in the world, but fortunately they are a small minority. Most of my guests have been super, and the "dog friendly" policy has worked with everyone else. 

Linda872
Level 2

This morning I had a text from a guest at 2:30 a.m. asking for directions to my condo. These were clearly posted in the welcome and host instructions.

Annette2
Level 2

I had the same problem a few times. I added in my remarks for the guest to please read my all information on-line before booking.  When they book, I ask them "did you read my on line information" they all say yes, so that relieves me of worrying about them getting lost at 2:30 in the morning. They may get lost, but it's on them.  They all seem to have GPS now, but if it's a condo or something where it's hard to find, you might want to have a saved message giving specific instructions after they book.  Remember, they are not from the area. good luck!