text / SMS function

text / SMS function

Airbnb used to support SMS / Texting function

We live off grid
And have nultiple listings, last years revenue over 60K
We'll lose about a quarter of that becasue aibnb stopped supporting a perfectly well-functioning
tool, and now we cannot confirm bookings by text, or help people on the days that we're into in
town and have internet service. 
We can't be the only one....

Dan Schultz
Maitreya Mountain Village
(707) 954-7743

3 Comments
Sarah977
Level 10

@Dan307  I also stopped receiving text messages for a couple months. They are also crucial for me. It was either a glitch in the system, or airbnb was trying out one of their "experiments" to see how many people objected.

I contacted airbnb, had a few back and forths with the support person (I just love useless suggestions like "check to see if maybe your text inbox is full") and while it took almost 2 months to get my text messaging back, they are now coming in again.

Rebecca181
Level 10

Like @Sarah977, I also stopped receiving text messages and called Airbnb about it - The customer service rep implied that this feature was being phased out for various reasons. Suddenly I started to get the texts again and at first was very pleased - UNTIL I tried to reply. It is not possible to reply, only receive. Supposedly this is all because texts cut off and was creating confusion, but I'm not sure I'm buying it. Regardless, it seems we have half the former feature now - partial texts (that cut off) that cannot be responded to (you have to go into your actual Airbnb messages to reply). 

Ellee0
Level 1

Received this message on my cell: "Unfortunately, we could not process your response because your number is registered to many accounts".   I was able to receive the inquiry on my desktop email. Don't have any other accounts. So, WTH?