1 Star review with all positive feedback

Michelle2137
Level 4
New South Wales, Australia

1 Star review with all positive feedback

I have just spent 2 hours perusing the archives on one star reviews.  I had a guest last month with her husband and i just realised whilst checking my profile that my ratings have gone down. I noticed a new 1 star review, and obviously i was mortified because all my guests have told me they loved staying in my home.

I'm still confused about what, if anything can be done about this.

Here is the review she left, and she is the first guest that has submitted feedback in every area. This was also her 1st stay with Airbnb.

Public review

great place to revisit

Private note

you are a very kind landlord with great skills to make your home so great for others.

Overall rating 1

Accuracy 1
good

Check-in 1
easy

Cleanliness 1
all good

Communication 1
well

Location 1
nice and quiet

Value 1

I will send her a message but would just like to get some feedback, I don't think she can change her review if she wanted to either can she?
4 Replies 4
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Michelle2137 

When a guest leaves a 3-star review or less, Airbnb automatically sends a prompt to stay "Why didn't you like it - what was wrong?" And then the guest selects feedback. One would think that a lightbulb would go off to assume a 1 star is not good but apparently not in your case. 

Airbnb will not change a review but they will remove it if asked by the author. You could ask your guest to contact Airbnb to remove the review. Only the guest can contact, you cannot do it for her. 

It may also be worth a shot to call Airbnb and see if you can get the review removed based on it being relevant. A long shot but worth a try.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

It's pretty obvious to me that the guest was confused and though 1* was the highest rating. I would contact her to say you think she got the high/low ratings confused, since she indicated in her written review she had a good stay, how horribly that affects your listing as well as threatening your Superhost status and ask her if she'd be willing to ask Airbnb to delete the review and ratings. I've never heard of them allowing anyone to change a review or ratings, but users can ask that their own reviews be removed.

@Michelle2137

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Michelle2137 

You will notice Sophia, who gave you that review is a new Airbnb guest user, and although she joined in 2016, this was her first review. It is obvious from her written public review and also her private comments to you that she does not understand the review rating system. This is also complicated by the fact that she is of Asian extraction and although living in Australia may not have a good mastery of the English language.

Get onto Airbnb in Sydney on 0285203333 and explain to CX  what I have detailed here and, although they won't be able to alter the star ratings, they will be able to remove the review so it won't reflect on your stats.

Michelle, this is an obvious mistake and I am sure you can get this removed from your stats!

Cheers........Rob

Michelle2137
Level 4
New South Wales, Australia

Thankyou ladies I will call and see what I can do