1 guest reserved via instant book, initial enquiry was 2 guests

O-G0
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

1 guest reserved via instant book, initial enquiry was 2 guests

Hi

I had a enquiry for two guests six days ago, then the person proceeded to instant book for one guest that same day. I have just noticed this and the guest is due to arrive in six days time. What should I do?

I charge extra for more than one guest.

Cheers 

OG

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@O-G0

go to your reservations and click on "change or cancel" then change it from 1 to 2 guests and send. Your guest has to approve the change and will be charged for additional person.

If he don't do that then you have no obligation to let them in. But in that scenario you should contact Airbnb.

Niel3
Level 10
Llanberis, United Kingdom

Send him a thank you message via AriBNB which starts off with "Thanks for your booking on xxth Month 2018 for x guests to stay x nights".

This should prompt him to realise he may have made an error when making the actual booking. Then if he replies to that affect you can amend the booking to 2 people and ask him to accept the amendment.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Or, something a little less (what may look like) standard pre-stay comms, a la; 'Hello - I noticed you originally enquired about two guests - is it just you staying now?'