1.st dissapointing guests. What should I do about it .( party guys)

Knut0
Level 1
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway

1.st dissapointing guests. What should I do about it .( party guys)

I had 4 guests stay at my loft for 4 days, he had good reveiws so I accepted him and 3 friends.

All comunication was easy, he was very happy with the loft.

When I got to the loft to prep for my next guests I was a little shocked.

It was very dirty compared to all my other guests, bottles  dirty glases where everywhere, trash was not taken out.

But worse, the newly painted kitchen celing was full of redwine spatter, cabinets and walls as well, walls and cabinets was easy to wash, but celing needs to be repainted. That made me upset, but in the bathroom the situation was even worse, the sink was clogged with wommit and they had broken the valve in the sink.

They had tried to clean up with toiletpaper, left in the trash, but around the vanity and toilet there where quite a bit of mess.

In the livingroom there was redwine stains on my hardwood floor.

The extra cleaning, plumber and paint will cost more than they paid, I have never had a deposit because all my guests have been great.

What is my rights, can airbnb insurance cover it or is it entirely my problem?

I will defenetly not give this person any good review.

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Contact Airbnb right away.  Take pictures and as soon as you can get a written estimate for cleaning, painting etc.  Then, establish a security deposit.  That won't help for those scums that just left, but will be a source of protection in the future.  Keep us posted with the outcome with Airbnb.

Knut0
Level 1
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway

Thanx

Deposit is already in place will contact Airbnb.

Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

You can also send a request in the resolution center requesting that the guests pay for the damage to the apartment. Explain it all in a factual manner, similar to your post. I'm not sure you can add pictures there. They have 72 hours to respond, at which point AirBnB will get involved.