100% refundable (including Airbnb fee) ..... promotion ?

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

100% refundable (including Airbnb fee) ..... promotion ?

promotion.JPG

Hello , all Hosts

I am newbie to airbnb. Today I just saw that my list had some promotion add in. It is great.

Just want to know what promotion we can get from airbnb and do we need anything spacial to got it ?

If you had somethink like this before ? Do it help your booking ?

Thanks

Nutth

81 Replies 81

@Annette33

Not only a great legal mind - a detective as well. Love the searchable guest cancellation aspect - well done!

@Jennifer178

Get some sleep - can't have you being too tired next month! Ha!  x

Best Wishes.

Sorry Annette if that this comment was personal and not 'en pointe' to discussion. (although I know you don't mind!)

It's late and I am fed up with Airbnb as a corporation! 😉

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Belinda55@Ange2@Nutth0@Jennifer178@,  (can't highlight Rachael and others, sorry) -

we pretty much explored this ad finitum, not much more to say right now. But I found ONE thing that might make the whole thing a little bit more platable to the ones of us that are afraid of more cancellations coming down the pike. Under Cancellation policies (any of the three available) it now says:

A host will be able to see the number of reservations a guest has canceled over the previous 12 months when the guest submits a request to book.         -     That should help, as one can decline a guest that looks iffy in that regard.

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#moderate

For those of us that deplore this change, there is a petition that was set up by Italian hosts when it was tested on them. Now that the '100% refund' policy is global you may like to join:

https://www.change.org/p/airbnb-s-new-cancellation-policies-are-absolutely-wrong

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your comments here. A few of you mentioned about worries over a possible rise in cancellations and so I just wanted to share with you that we have put in place two guardrails to help prevent unnecessary cancellations:

• We’ve limited guests to a maximum of 3 fully refundable cancellations per year.
  • If a guests has overlapping bookings, even if only partially overlapping, service fees from those bookings are not refundable.

Also, I think it is important to provide a little more background to this and so to add, we've heard that guests are hesitant to book in the first place because of the penalties they face if their plans change. As a result though, these changes make guests feel more comfortable in making a booking and during our pilot of these changes, we did see that guests were more likely to book with hosts who choose a Flexible or Moderate policy.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie

Great to hear from an Airbnb spokesperson on this!
Here is my response:
Why was this implemented with no reasonable notification, when it is quite a significant change? (Airbnb very good at sending news of all the great things you are doing, but nothing on this …)
I had no problem with guests being reluctant to book with my previous moderate policy, and have multiple bookings from other sites where guests pay a non-refundable deposit (a standard policy for holiday rental).
Home lettings are not hotels! Some hosts will be affected much more than others with this ease of cancellation. It will not be hard for guests to get around 3 cancellation rule by using multiple accounts.
There is now a glaring gap between Moderate (free cancellation up to 5 days ahead) and Strict (50% cancellation up to 7 days ahead). I have reluctantly moved to Strict, knowing it may reduce my bookings, rather than support free cancellation, and I’m guessing others will also do so.
There is such a diversity of properties that one size fits all for cancellation policy is never going to work. Why not let hosts choose the % of cancellation fee (similar to non-refundable deposit) to suit their particular context?

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Lizzie Thank for a information.

I have proposed a change on the Host Voice forum - please go to the page and upvote if you agree:

"There is such a diversity of properties on Airbnb that one size fits all for cancellation policy is never going to work. Why not let hosts choose the % of cancellation fee and timing of penalty to suit their particular context?"

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/More-cancellation-options-re-new-100-refund-policy/id...