14 day review period countdown timer

14 day review period countdown timer

At some point there was definitely a countdown timer for the 14 day review period.  My memory is that once you got into only 1 day left, it would show a countdown in hours.  Does anyone know if this is still the case?  If so, does it show the countdown in the hosting dashboard or elsewhere?

The reason this matters is because sometimes one doesn't want to prompt the other party to leave a review.  In which case, it is best to wait until the last possible moment to leave a  review.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Christopher187

I am not aware the hourly countdown timer still exists Christopher. You are prompted by both email and through the message page how many days left you have to leave a specific review, but I have only been in a position where I would like to have seen this information once and that was some considerable time  ago.

My feeling is Airbnb would not want to have in place any mechanism that would enable the manipulation of the review system. 

I am sorry I can't be of more help but I will try to find out more and if so I will post here,

Cheers.....Rob

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Christopher187. Sometimes AirBNB giveth; sometimes they take away. The counter? They taketh it away. There are some third party apps that count the time down, but they do cost some money.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Christopher, in my experience, the "countdown" starts when the first e-mail is sent asking you to review the guest. For instance, if you get the "submit a review" e-mail at 1:45pm then you have until 1:45pm on the 14th day to leave a review. But I do not know of an official timer. I tested this once and this was how it worked out but I am not sure if it is still this way. 

Amy1975
Level 2
Raton, NM

I was wondering about that too, but I see the point about not manipulating the symptom. I read about waiting it out in this forum, and in my case, it feels like the only fair way to do it, but it is still sneaky. I want to warn other hosts about this guest who smoked in my home, then denied it and refused to pay the fine for smoking. My concern is a negative review in retaliation, so I wanted to wait until the end of the review period. It isn't worth the chance if I can't be certain about the timing. AirBnB put out an article about protecting hosts from one-off reviews, but that was three years ago, and that is still not effective. So I want to warn other hosts, but can't risk my review score dropping and losing my Superhost status. The only thing that will happen to this guest, is if another host contacts AirBnB about her smoking against the rules, AirBnB can kick her out of the house. It takes two violations, apparently. 

@Amy1975  This article is older. There is now a review countdown clock that can be seen in the message thread with the guest. On the last day, this will countdown to minutes (when refreshing your screen.) Leave this guest a review in the last 2 minutes.

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 7.08.54 AM.png

Shanna85
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you @Emilia42 , you have assisted me greatly in locating the countdown clock. 
It is not under the Review page where you see the status of all your reviews, that shows the countdown days only.  It will eventually get to 0 days to review and does not show the hours or minutes.  To see the clock in hours and minutes, with your help I've located it from the Inbox, clicked on the message thread of the booking in question, and then the booking details show up on the far right hand side in a column in the browser or tap and open up the booking details in the app, and there I see the countdown now in hours. Thank you, I would not have figured that out without your help.

Shanna85_1-1636189829961.png