176 five star reviews, 1 four star review and I am at 4.99. Can I ever get to 5.0 again?

176 five star reviews, 1 four star review and I am at 4.99. Can I ever get to 5.0 again?

It would seem I have been downgraded due to 1 four star review. Clearly 175 five stars does not call for rounding up, do you know what the magical number is? I would love to get back to 5.0 

23 Replies 23
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Anne-And-Cameron0  Nope. 😞

I have 80+ reviews and I'm stuck at 4.99 because of one 4-star review. If they go back to only show whole numbers we'd be back showing as 5, but until then, we get the 2 decimal places.

The good news is that 4.99 is still higher than most hosts and it's nearly impossible to have 100+ reviews without at least one rogue review. Check your area listings and I'm sure you'll find hosts with lower ratings.

Thanks for the information and encouragement! 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Anne-And-Cameron0 , It will be interesting to see if your rating is still at 4.99 once you get past 200 5-star reviews.

Beside having a beautiful home in the mountains, is there anything particular that  you attribute all your 5 star reviews to? 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Anne-And-Cameron0 @Suzanne302 as @Emilia42 implies, if they are using a true mathematical average it takes 199 5-star reviews to mask the effect of one 4-star review at two decimal places.

@Anne-And-Cameron0 @Lisa723 , and @Emilia42 

There are still 24 five stars needed to prove the rounding theory:-). @Anne-And-Cameron0  Keep on going with your 5 star track!

Two more to go (fingers crossed)

Seems they do round 🙂

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Anne-And-Cameron0 🙂

I have just above 300 reviews and my numbers show 5 stars in 3 of the categories but I have had less than 5 stars in all categories. So it is possible to get it back on 5 stars but I don't think it really matters 🙂 

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

I can highly recommend to keep your mental health and stop losing time for pointless counting. Just continue to do your best.

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

What qualified it as a 4 star review? Was it just one item like "cleanliness" or were 4 out of the 6 items less than 5 stars?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I think you are doing an incredible job @Anne-And-Cameron0, your rating is one to be very proud of. Thanks for being such a great host. 🙂 

Like others have said, it will be interesting to see how the number changes as you get more reviews in. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks! 

You guys got it done!  5.0 overall!  So interesting b/c you have your 5.0 overall and then some dings on the individual criteria that aren't 5.0 in those areas.  Annoying! 

I have a 4-star review and drives me nuts too!  If you strive for perfection, you will eventually get it.  And there is exactly NOTHING wrong with striving for perfection.  And all the mediocre people that tell you not to worry about it is what ends up making the great people so great.  Keep up the awesome work. 

$250/night is also WACKY cash flow!  

@Richard531 

"And all the mediocre people that tell you not to worry about it is what ends up making the great people so great."

What exactly do you mean by that?