19 nights booked in May - How are you all doing?

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

19 nights booked in May - How are you all doing?

I'm a little surprised that business has picked up so much, so quickly. The state of Georgia WAS the first state to "open" back up and I think that has a lot to do with it. 

May 2019 = 17 nights booked. 

May 2020 = 19 nights 

April 2019 = 16 nights

April 2020, = 0 nights 

March 2019 = 17 nights

March 2020 =  11 nights

How are you all doing? I hope it gets better for everyone soon. 

TGIF all! 

41 Replies 41
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Donald28  Zero.  Nothing. 

It also looks like they changed the 'performance' tab and now you can't tell what your visibility or clicks are compared to the median.  

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Mark116 I noticed the 'performance'  changes too.... But on the dashboard, it's telling me I've had 757 views in the last 30 days.... Which is strange since our calendars have been blocked in the UK for 2 months!

Are you sure @Helen350 ? double check, I never had the calendar blocked in italy. It's your responsibility to block the calendar by government rules,  not airbnb.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

For heaven's sake @David6824 ! Calendars in the UK have been blocked by Airbnb since 23 March! -EVERY SINGLE CALENDAR! - They did it for 3 weeks first, then a few more, as our government extended the BAN on hotels etc hosting tourists.... Then the ban was till May 17... then till end of May. Our government says hosting is ILLEGAL at present, & will not make it legal till 4 July at the earlist...... We can still accommodate essential workers, but NOT via airbnb, cos ALL calendars blocked. It's likely that come June, Airbnb will block June too, if still illegal to host here.

Just LOOK at any UK listing, David, you'll see them all blocked.

I totally believe you @Helen350 , but look it straight, airbnb or not we were not allowed to host any by government rules in europe behind, apart nurses and medicals. Infact I didn't have anyone too, maybe italians folloew the rules more than others? boh I dunno. Our european situation is a bit different from USA where rules highly depend by states which has lot of power from the main government. I'm not looking at UK listings, my gf lost two rents in London because tenants lost their jobs and not paying rent for the moment, they'll attend the court in july. Can you believe how many situations like that now?

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

12 March was my last booking.

We are almost ready to restart here. Borders are opened for EU citizens and probably after June 1 there will be no more a 14 day quarantine.

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Donald28 , We never did shut down and had guests  trickle in over the last months but nothing like it should have been for the time of year.  Im glad to hear GA is alive and well, we have seen a noteworthy uptick but not back on track yet.  Soon hopefully, Stay well, JR

I am in Brooklyn and my bookings went to 0 for the past 3 month. I got maybe 5 interests, out of them were 3 scammers. one guest wanted my private room for less then actual rental price for 2 people and I should leave my place :), I do have some requests where people want me to be not present at my place, but I cannot leave my place, I live there too. 

@Elisabeth40 what do you mean for scammers?

I agree...lots of scamming inquiries these days.

Michelle1164
Level 10
Clearwater, KS

@Donald28 we are fairly new host, started in Oct 2018. We are a little off the beaten path so don’t get a lot of traffic, but things are starting to look up for us here in Kansas too.

Here is our 2019-2020 nightly comparisons thus far:

Jan 2019-1

Jan 2020-1

Feb 2019 -1                
Feb 2020 -1

Mar 2019-0               

Mar 2020-1 cancelled due to COVID

Apr 2019 -1                

Apr 2020 -2 (separate 1 nighters cancelled due to COVID)

May 2019 -3 but guest cancelled       

May 2020-24 scheduled so far (1 for 19 nights and 1 for 5 nights)

June 2019-2

June 2020-1 so far 

With cancelations happening due to COVID we decided to block our room for March, April and through May 10. Upon opening back up we immediately received a booking for 20 nights.
Originally we planned to open a 2nd room up right after the new year, but put it on hold due to COVID. We finally opened our 2nd room in May 2020 to accommodate co-worker of our 20 night stay. 

“It’s not where you go, it’s who you meet along the way.” Wizard of Oz
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Jan 2019-9

Jan 2020-2

Feb 2019-3

Feb 2020-2

Mar 2019-10

Mar 2020-2

Apr 2019 -22

Apr 2020-0

May 2019-27

May 2020-0

June 2019 - 22

June 2020-0

I am hosting in Brooklyn, I am getting really nervous, asking myself if we will ever get back to normal and how long it will take to get back to normal. I have same same situation, paying my entire place already 3 month on my own without any help and probably June will be the same. Sad

@Elisabeth40, I don't think it will ever be back to "normal." And even so, we will then enter a new normal. It is sad, I'm starting to get a little depressed about it actually.

@Emilia42 You are not alone, if t makes you feel better. Only a little bit hope I got today, as I saw hosts from GA and FL posting that they are still having some business. I only got in three month 1 booking from local people, who misused my home for party, got drunk and drugged and were rude and on top left me a bad review as a revenge because I tried to put a lid on their home party. I tried at least to work with what I got, it was more damaging as useful. I find it more depressing when guests ask for a discount, which is below my actual rental price and want me to be out of my own place, Which is actually against the NYS hosting laws, because the host must be present during short term rentals. I told myself I will wait the entire June and then I have to do a rescue mission for myself. I cannot hold it longer, it's not possible. And it's sad, bc after 6 years of hosting and cleaning this is what I got out with, three month. Actually this type of business we need to do none stop, it's impossible to freeze it for half year, I had only 3 month buffer after 6 years of hosting, so the win was not huge as you see.