19 nights booked in May - How are you all doing?

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

19 nights booked in May - How are you all doing?

I'm a little surprised that business has picked up so much, so quickly. The state of Georgia WAS the first state to "open" back up and I think that has a lot to do with it. 

May 2019 = 17 nights booked. 

May 2020 = 19 nights 

April 2019 = 16 nights

April 2020, = 0 nights 

March 2019 = 17 nights

March 2020 =  11 nights

How are you all doing? I hope it gets better for everyone soon. 

TGIF all! 

41 Replies 41

@Elisabeth40 

Sadly, I think that NYC will probably be THE last place in the US that comes back to normal, people may not feel safe until the fall, after they can see a couple of months of no resurgence since it was basically ground zero for the virus in the US.  I agree about locals, every time I have done it, I regret it, and I'd rather have the place vacant than a bunch of rule breakers who don't take care of the apartment.

We haven't even had any scammers inquire!  If we don't get anyone interested by the end of June I'm not sure what we will do.

Never give it up to depression @Emilia42 . Many like you. Cheers and go ahead.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Helen350 @Robbie54 @Mike-And-Jane0  - and other British Hosts..

The government conceded on Friday to providing financial support to Lake District B&B's and other small businesses. It was clear that the Small Business Grant Fund did not take into account small businesses paying Council tax rather than Business Rates. This applies to many Airbnb's and may make you eligible.

Search: Gov.uk for Self Employed Income Support Scheme regarding Business Support Grants.

Our local Lib.Dem councillor Tim Farron has championed this, so big up him, and hopefully there might be help.

I would apply, but I am foreign, hosting in NYC, so I do not think American government will catch me up. But I am glad this exist. I am not permitted to apply for PPP as they call it here in the USA, during pandemic.  But I am very happy other people can. 

I don't know how much this PPP is, but from what I hear, it wouldn't even help here in NYC. If this what I hear is true, my place cost me 3,5x more as this PPP. Let me please be wrong, I also never applied for anything at any government. This is an absolute strange situation now, I get my rag pulled away under my feet basically this is how it feels like. Let's just hope everyone starts swimming fast when this situation get's better.  I feel my air is getting out without ever having the virus.

Doing not well but not for much I hope, glad to see biz reprised quickly for you and some in your country. Ppl prefer to risk than have their freedom banned. Freedom yes!

@Helen350 I am with you, totally

2cfae568fb77540b6966f231bececb27[1].jpg

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

It looks like it will be the same all around the world.

2-3 months of lockdown and restrictions

Another 2 months of very slow restart

65-70% recovery to the end of the year.
And full recovery-probably next spring.

Smart assessment @Dimitar27 . I am already seeing many new bookings for this Fall & 2021., as if people already are looking ahead and getting back to living.

it depends @Dimitar27 , but most probably  it will be back in autumn so you'd have to reschedule your last 2020 quarter.  ppl living their retirement in belize are not pretty credible as they live in another part of the world and having different experiences.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

The majority of our guests at our Mableton apartment have been locals to the Atlanta metro area or people from neighboring states.  They stayed for a romantic getaway, or came to Atlanta for work or to visit family.  

We may dip our toe back into the market, and re-open for the Independence Day weekend to gauge how skittish we are about cleaning the apartment after the guests leave.  

Adele46
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

Reopening June1 In ATL and so far, it’s awful. 1 booking in June and 1 in July:((.