2 Day Minimum Tip

Jillian115
Level 10
Jamestown, CA

2 Day Minimum Tip

We moved our listing to a two-day minimum just because three hours of laundry is a lot when it's daily. Anyway, it's been great, but every once in a while, there is a day open in between bookings. I just discovered you can manually make one day available when you have two day minimum set. Anyway that way you don't miss out on bookings. 😀

2 Replies 2
Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

Ok... Your listing looks good, and you jave great reviews. And it appears you're located near a major tourist destination. 

Your primary costs are usually in preparation. Laundry, cleaning, and any nice thoughtful extras like perhaps some flowers or a bottle of wine...

With a one day booking, that's pretty expensive. A two day booking cuts that cost in half. A three day booking cuts it 66%. And so on.. 

So, it seems to me, that considering that it's a whole house, your desirable location and good ratings, you could easily get away with a 3 day minimum in the "low" season, and at least a 5 day minimum in the "high" season. But I obviously can't possibly be aware of your actual situation nor do I know the market over there. But it strikes me that you could probably do better than just 1 or 2 day minimum.

🤔

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

That is true, also if you play around with rule sets, you can eliminate those gaps in between bookings. That is if you take back-to-back bookings and you are in a season where you expect your calendar to booking completely.